Buying Concert Tickets On Line ……Ugh

8 Replies, 5208 Views

Trying to purchase tickets to Mannheim Steamroller and it’s a scram charging you a service fee for forcing you to download their app and then give them personal information to get access to the app and your “tickets”

You can not access the app without giving them your phone number so they can sell it…….

If you want physical tickets mailed to you that’s another fee, e mail tickets, yep another fee 

And even after clicking the do not save my payment box it’s still saved and automatically populated in the app….🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

So for 2-$95 tickets we are paying $255 for the privilege of using the app & to receive a bar code in their app to attend the concert 

Have not attended a concert since the 80’s 🤣

Always wanted to see Mannheim Steamroller & the time was right, hopefully they are good in person
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rampy's post:

Hope you enjoy it as much as I did going to downtown St Jo, Texas for a Ray Wylie Hubbard concert..just got home..😀
[-] The following 1 user Likes Snake46's post:

(10-22-2023, 02:00 AM)Snake46 Wrote: Hope you enjoy it as much as I did going to downtown St Jo, Texas for a Ray Wylie Hubbard concert..just got home..😀

Rember always hearing Rush talking about them & that’s the first ever hearing about them 

Wonder what Rush would say about the sad state of affairs we are in
(10-22-2023, 09:03 AM)Rampy Wrote:
(10-22-2023, 02:00 AM)Snake46 Wrote: Hope you enjoy it as much as I did going to downtown St Jo, Texas for a Ray Wylie Hubbard concert..just got home..😀

Rember always hearing Rush talking about them & that’s the first ever hearing about them 

Wonder what Rush would say about the sad state of affairs we are in
I'm actually kind of glad Rush passed on. I really miss him, but at least he's not here to see more of his satire become current events.
As the opera singer sang, God bless you Rush Limbaugh!
[-] The following 1 user Likes tommag's post:

By the way, Chip Davis wrote, arranged, and conducted a lot of C.W. McCall's music. If you're familiar with C.W., listen to "the Silverton" and I bet you recognize at least two musical techniques utilized in several Mannheim steamroller pieces. (Dramatic crescendos, tempo changes, and key changes)

https://youtu.be/2mHKEcsEKvI?si=a4CSLQuTrhoizV7B

Don’t know if I’ve ever heard that song before

Have ridden the Durango-Silverton train & it’s very cool
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rampy's post:

My wife wants to go to Mannheim Steamroller.
[-] The following 2 users Like srjdsmith's post:

(10-23-2023, 01:07 AM)tommag Wrote: By the way, Chip Davis wrote, arranged, and conducted a lot of C.W. McCall's music. If you're familiar with C.W.,  listen to "the Silverton" and I bet you recognize at least two musical techniques utilized in several Mannheim steamroller pieces. (Dramatic crescendos, tempo changes, and key changes)

Looks like we got us a convoy!

Terry
[-] The following 2 users Like specops56's post: