.44 mag hunting loads

3 Replies, 679 Views

My friends, my .44 mag loads (24 grains of H110 under 240 grain Hornady XTP’s) out of my son’s Henry lever… WORK! To a gross and disgusting extent. The deer died very authoritatively.

If you want to see the picture, I’ll post it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes srjdsmith's post:

(12-09-2023, 09:32 PM)srjdsmith Wrote: My friends, my .44 mag loads (24 grains of H110 under 240 grain Hornady XTP’s) out of my son’s Henry lever… WORK! To a gross and disgusting extent. The deer died very authoritatively.

Sure why not??

I'm thinking about getting a Henry or Rossi (Taurus) 44 mag lever action, can actually take that into Canada & all the way up in Alaska when I can’t take a hand gun
It’s a Henry Lever Action X. He hit her in the shoulder from about 70 yards.

[Image: IMG-4385.jpg]

[Image: IMG-4386.jpg]

It went out the other side through a rib. Her heart was split almost fully in half and lungs were obliterated.
(12-10-2023, 01:25 AM)Rampy Wrote:
(12-09-2023, 09:32 PM)srjdsmith Wrote: My friends, my .44 mag loads (24 grains of H110 under 240 grain Hornady XTP’s) out of my son’s Henry lever… WORK! To a gross and disgusting extent. The deer died very authoritatively.

Sure why not??

I'm thinking about getting a Henry or Rossi (Taurus) 44 mag lever action, can actually take that into Canada & all the way up in Alaska when I can’t take a hand gun

Will his Prime Minister-ness allow you to take a lever action rifle into Kanada-stan?