Went to the grocery store today.

6 Replies, 952 Views

At every corner there are frequently poor folks with signs asking for help. "Anything helps" is commonly seen. Today in the center divider were 2 grocery store packages, 1 fried chicken and 1 of a deli pasta salad, both untouched.
I used to help folks out, but anymore I can't tell the difference between someone in need and someone in need of drugs. Damned shame as I don't help any of them out anymore.
[-] The following 1 user Likes tommag's post:

I’ve seen a large number of people in community facebook groups looking for handouts, kids presents, Christmas dinner along with ride, gas money and such

They claim they can’t afford Christmas but at the same time local businesses are struggling with a lack of employees & no applications for the jobs

Salvation Army and other food programs are out of money/food and need donations

Course I also see lots of people looking for work that pays $20.00 a hour or more while saying they won’t work for less

Also see wait staff demanding more/higher tips as if you can afford to eat out you can afford to pay 30% or more in tips in these groups

I’m like so I’ll stop tipping and you can get a real job………….the triggered meltdowns was glorious

It’s really hard to know who needs help and who just wants freebies
[-] The following 2 users Like Rampy's post:

One 22 year old guy was asking for a ride across town to see his fiancée as he does not drive and can’t afford a Uber

I said to jump on the LPC express 🤣🤣

He did not understand Leather Personal Carrier’s and I had to spell it out & said get to walking

Once again the hilarious meltdown was glorious….seems walking is to hard to do in the chilly weather 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rampy's post:

Effed up times we live in where people won't work but still ask for free shit.
It used to be uncomfortable to rely on others and welfare to get through life.
Now it's everyday.
I tell them all to fuck off and go get a job.
Life's hard, and it's not going to get any easier.
(This post was last modified: 12-22-2023, 06:30 AM by pierceg.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes pierceg's post:

(12-22-2023, 01:45 AM)Rampy Wrote: One 22 year old guy was asking for a ride across town to see his fiancée as he does not drive and can’t afford a Uber

I said to jump on the LPC express 🤣🤣

He did not understand Leather Personal Carrier’s and I had to spell it out & said get to walking

Once again the hilarious meltdown was glorious….seems walking is to hard to do in the chilly weather 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
P E R S O N N E L
[-] The following 1 user Likes speedy's post:

A few years ago our department gathered up toys and stuff to donate to a needy family for Christmas. The family was chosen and a time was arranged to deliver all the goods and the recipient asked that the stuff be brought over when the kids were not home. The organizer did not have a clue, or get a clue , why the lady wanted the stuff delivered when the kids were gone.

All the stuff was delivered and as soon as they left she started advertising stuff for sale and sold all of it off and bought drugs with the money. We were tipped off about it but nothing could be done. That was the last time they donated to anyone like that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Towtruck's post:

(12-23-2023, 09:26 PM)Towtruck Wrote: A few years ago our department gathered up toys and stuff to donate to a needy family for Christmas. The family was chosen and a time was arranged to deliver all the goods and the recipient asked that the stuff be brought over when the kids were not home. The organizer did not have a clue, or get a clue , why the lady wanted the stuff delivered when the kids were gone.

All the stuff was delivered and as soon as they left she started advertising stuff for sale and sold all of it off and bought drugs with the money.  We were tipped off about it but nothing could be done. That was the last time they donated to anyone like that.
That's terrible. Well hopefully the local PD was able to make an arrest for the drugs. Maybe move the kids into temporary custody so they'll see a Christmas.