Eyes Pried Open

5 Replies, 662 Views

People with common sense are smart enough to stay away from a law enforcement career.

The profession is self selecting a lot of folks with poor judgment and no alternative marketable skill sets.

The future looks pretty bleak.

https://www.activeresponsetraining.net/e...KIs0fIxtqM
[-] The following 2 users Like Rampy's post:

(12-25-2023, 03:56 AM)Rampy Wrote: People with common sense are smart enough to stay away from a law enforcement career.

The profession is self selecting a lot of folks with poor judgment and no alternative marketable skill sets.

I didn't look at the link yet, but a friend asked me to share my thoughts with his son a couple days ago. Seattle PD is offering 100k/ plus full benefits. I told him SPD used to be a good outfit, but not anymore and explained why. My friend was hesitant to offer his opinion, but asked me to council his son since  I had knowledge about it.
(This post was last modified: 12-25-2023, 05:51 AM by tommag.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes tommag's post:

After reading from that link, I realize it had nothing to do with my counciling against him joining SPD. I can only shake my head and think "Maybe that's why the upper echelon of the bureau can be so weaponized without significant pushback by the field agents."
[-] The following 2 users Like tommag's post:

They're called "Useful Idiots."

Terry
[-] The following 2 users Like specops56's post:

(12-25-2023, 05:35 AM)tommag Wrote:
(12-25-2023, 03:56 AM)Rampy Wrote: People with common sense are smart enough to stay away from a law enforcement career.

I didn't look at the link yet, but a friend asked me to share my thoughts with his son a couple days ago. Seattle PD is offering 100k/ plus full benefits. I told him SPD used to be a good outfit, but not anymore and explained why. My friend was hesitant to offer his opinion, but asked me to council his son since  I had knowledge about it.

I know a former King County Sheriff deputy who had 12 years on the department and he was saying how bad it has gotten & how the political climate of being a law enforcement officer in Washington sooooo bad

He is now in Florida and so much happier as is his family. Not to mention better pay and sign on bonus for lateral transfer
[-] The following 2 users Like Rampy's post:

It’s cool to resist. Cops are automatically the enemy.

In a world where being suspicious, uncooperative, belligerent… against law enforcement, is the norm, I’d never advise anyone to choose that career. I’m at the end of my career, but these days I wouldn’t advise anyone to be a cop or a teacher.
[-] The following 2 users Like srjdsmith's post: