Anyone here use a cane?

28 Replies, 2830 Views

Watched a cane video that says correct cane length is your height while wearing shoes you generally wear divided by 2 plus 1 inch..
As to the lead, I wouldn’t want to go to trial after having to use it..besides, as shown by Major League Baseball, cork makes you quicker..🙄
[-] The following 3 users Like Snake46's post:

I need to have the wife measure me standing up to see how I measure up 🤣🤣

The VA has given me 3 walkers over time but no canes for some strange reason. I’m tempted to ask for a electric scooter of some kind but don’t know how we would transport it & I don’t feel justified is asking for one

Otherwise according to the formula I’m at 37”

Really not a fan of the lead, no idea how that would play out when flying as you can fly with a “normal” cane vs one obviously a weapon

Sadly the cane I was looking at has sold
I need to have the wife measure me standing up to see how I measure up 🤣🤣
I'm not sure that would be effective. At the best you'd have to explain to her that 3" isn't really 9".
[-] The following 1 user Likes tommag's post:

(02-02-2024, 10:55 PM)tommag Wrote: I need to have the wife measure me standing up to see how I measure up 🤣🤣
I'm not sure that would be effective. At the best you'd have to explain to her that 3" isn't really 9".

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rampy's post:

Generally, the recommended length for a 6' guy is 36.5" I cut mine to that length today and it feels perfect.
Today was the first time I've used it. It was a little awkward at first, but after a few hundred yards in little chunks at a time, I found it to be a great help.
It seemed counter intuitive using it on the side opposite the problem, but now it makes sense. It helps to lean away from the bad leg, taking a bit of weight off that side.
As an aside, I found that thick aluminum difficult to cut with a hacksaw, sticky as can be. The easiest oil to grab was a can of wd40. Boy did that make cutting easier!
(This post was last modified: 03-21-2024, 12:27 AM by tommag.)
[-] The following 2 users Like tommag's post:

While waiting outside for my ride, I tried that upward strike move and found it difficult to get much speed in it. Maybe it's too heavy (2#) or maybe it's me.

I’ve got problems having a cane in my right had, after a lifetime of having it drilled into me the gun hand is always empty 🤷‍♂️

When I use the cane I really start to get anxious I guess it is…. Very uncomfortable and on edge even if I don’t have a pistol

Sigh…..going to be a bitch trying to overcome this and re learn things…..
[-] The following 2 users Like Rampy's post:

This guy makes sense.

Canes & Self Defense // Reality & Techniques

Terry
[-] The following 3 users Like specops56's post:

(03-22-2024, 08:01 PM)specops56 Wrote: This guy makes sense.

Canes & Self Defense // Reality & Techniques

Terry
Yes he does. I doubt I would have to use it as a self defense tool, but I doubt I'd be effective if I had to. It's already occurred to me that there's a lot for an opponent to grab onto. It's been decades since I've found myself in a threatening situation and hopefully that trend continues.