good morning!

680 Replies, 38476 Views

55 at my house and still wet from yesterday's rain.

Terry
[-] The following 1 user Likes specops56's post:

It's 55 and clear here, expecting another high of 81. Yesterday the air was delightfully dry after the passage of the cold front. I took advantage of the break in the heat and bought 10 bales of hay for the goats. The fun part was unloading and stacking them in the barn loft.
[-] The following 1 user Likes olfart's post:

It's 51°F, cloudy, damp, and windy in my hood. Supposed to clear out toward evening, so maybe I'll get a better look at the aurora tonight.

Attacked the cedars in front of the house yesterday. There are four of them. Two on the ends were grown like trees, and two in the middle that were bushes. All were seriously overgrown. I went after the bushes, and they were big enough to span about thirty feet across combined, and tall enough that they were blocking a lot of the view out my second-floor windows. I about had a heart attack hauling all that out back. Anymore, my stamina is about shot.
Tomorrow when things are dryer I'll go after the ones on the ends. They need to be topped out, and that means ladder work with a chainsaw....which I hated even when I had the steam.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Longhair's post:

Good morfternoon. Went to Walmart to pick up a couple things. One of them was some aluminum thresh hold to stabilize torn up linoleum at a heat register. No luck there.
Came home and turned on the radio, not expecting much. I was not disappointed. Radio conditions are so bad I can't even talk to myself. Last night I briefly worked some aurora propagation on six meters. That was a first for me. That has a strange fluttering sound. The Aurora acts like a reflective curtain, bouncing signals back towards you so it's only good for relatively close contacts.
[-] The following 3 users Like tommag's post:

(05-11-2024, 04:08 PM)tommag Wrote: Good morfternoon.  Went to Walmart to pick up a couple things. One of them was some aluminum thresh hold to stabilize torn up linoleum at a heat register.  No luck there.
Came home and turned on the radio, not expecting much. I was not disappointed. Radio conditions are so bad I can't even talk to myself. Last night I briefly worked some aurora propagation on six meters. That was a first for me.  That has a strange fluttering sound. The Aurora acts like a reflective curtain, bouncing signals back towards you so it's only good for relatively close contacts.

I intended to check into 6M last night but got busy and forgot.

Terry
[-] The following 1 user Likes specops56's post:

(05-11-2024, 05:00 PM)specops56 Wrote:
(05-11-2024, 04:08 PM)tommag Wrote: Good morfternoon.  Went to Walmart to pick up a couple things. One of them was some aluminum thresh hold to stabilize torn up linoleum at a heat register.  No luck there.
Came home and turned on the radio, not expecting much. I was not disappointed. Radio conditions are so bad I can't even talk to myself. Last night I briefly worked some aurora propagation on six meters. That was a first for me.  That has a strange fluttering sound. The Aurora acts like a reflective curtain, bouncing signals back towards you so it's only good for relatively close contacts.

I intended to check into 6M last night but got busy and forgot.

Terry
I'd like to hear about your experience with 6m aurora. I cought a little tonight on 50.125 and 50.135 at 0210 zulu. The guy on 50.135 heard me but I'm not sure I got his callsign right so I can't log it. My ears don't play nice with aurora bounce.
[-] The following 1 user Likes tommag's post:

Good morning! 60 with clouds right now, 72 with rain later. Spent my day yesterday moving dirt to fill in a low spot in the yard where the septic system has been pooling. Hope that fixed it, but not holding my breath.
[-] The following 3 users Like olfart's post:

57. Bright and sunny at my house. Gotta work on starting my garden today. Friend of mine brought over a hodge podge 1911 yesterday that he wants me to work on. It looks like a 1970 -80s build with a Federal Ordnance frame and Ithaca slide. Haven't worked on Old Slabsides in a while. Should be fun.

Terry
[-] The following 5 users Like specops56's post:

Good morning AlphaRomeo!
It's 52°F, up from 42° earlier this morning, on it's way up to 74°.
Today is day 2 of the attack on the cedars, and it's ladder work day. I don't know if I'll get it all done today or not, but I'm going to give it a whirl. If it warms up too much too fast, I may knock off and get some range time in or something else fun.
[-] The following 2 users Like Longhair's post:

Good morning! 62 and cloudy again, although most of the rain has moved out overnight. 80 later today with more rain possible. Tomorrow morning I gotta take our new dog to the vet to get her fixed before she realizes she's broke. She may never speak to me again.
[-] The following 2 users Like olfart's post: