Survival Food Review: Expired Can Food - Part 7: Chili With Beans!

8 Replies, 948 Views

Survival Food Review: Expired Can Food - Part 7: Chili With Beans!

Bottom line: In the can the chili smell was faint with a slight nutty note. Some of the fat was on the surface. Straight out of the can it was very bland but not actually bad. I ate it for supper and survived.

Terry
[-] The following 2 users Like specops56's post:

Did ya heat it up???

Last week when I was crippled and the wife was working I found a can of Campbell’s chunky chicken and something “Mexican” that had expired I’d 2022 😱🤣🤣

Yes I ate it, it seemed fine but the next day I had painful explosive diarrhea that I chalked up to the soup but don’t know if that was actually the cause…….
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rampy's post:

(06-04-2024, 07:50 PM)specops56 Wrote: Survival Food Review: Expired Can Food - Part 7: Chili With Beans!

Bottom line: In the can the chili smell was faint with a slight nutty note. Some of the fat was on the surface. Straight out of the can it was very bland but not actually bad. I ate it for supper and survived.

Terry

Of course it was bland! It had beans in it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes olfart's post:

(06-04-2024, 11:13 PM)olfart Wrote:
(06-04-2024, 07:50 PM)specops56 Wrote: Survival Food Review: Expired Can Food - Part 7: Chili With Beans!

Terry

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Put chili BEANS on about 4:30, not to be confused with actual chili..😂
[-] The following 1 user Likes Snake46's post:

(06-04-2024, 10:04 PM)Rampy Wrote: Did ya heat it up???

Last week when I was crippled and the wife was working I found a can of Campbell’s chunky chicken and something “Mexican” that had expired I’d 2022 😱🤣🤣

Yes I ate it, it seemed fine but the next day I had painful explosive diarrhea that I chalked up to the soup but don’t know if that was actually the cause…….

Go to the end of the video and you'll see the pictures.

Terry
(06-04-2024, 11:13 PM)olfart Wrote:

Terry

I make my homemade chili with beans and it's nowhere near "bland." It's the cook not the ingredients that makes the chili! Also, it doesn't have to be flaming volcano in the mouth to be good. Flavor is king.

I made this video in 2013

Crockpot Meals For Real Men Episode 2: He-Man Chili

Terry
[-] The following 1 user Likes specops56's post:

Can’t stream here….barely have internet

Beans belong in chili. I’ve been getting a case of hinz beans from England on Amazon & doctoring them up, they are a different texture & flavor profile than American beans
When you watch the video you will see what being on insulin did to me. I gained 50 pounds in 3 months before I realized it because the doc didn't warn me that insulin causes weight gain! I took myself off it and lost the extra 50 pounds. I,ve gained a little since then but I'm planning to remedy that soon.

Since that video I switched from Kidney beans to Great Northern beans because they have less carbs and I like the flavor better.

Terry