good morning!

680 Replies, 39037 Views

Good morning! 70 here, threatening to hit 94 this afternoon. Good day for reloading, etc.
[-] The following 1 user Likes olfart's post:

It’ll cool off today..high of 94, but drops into high 80s tomorrow..
73 and sunshine as far as the eye can see at my house. Finally was able to get out yesterday and get my container garden planted. It's way too late but, between dealing with the sick cats, my back and other things, I'm lucky to have gotten it done before Christmas. I have 4 tomato plants (each a different variety) along with 2 pepper plants (different varieties) 1 cucumber, 1 cantaloupe (thought I had 2 but obviously brain farted). I also have 2 peppermint plants for tea and cocktails and 1 cat grass for the kittys.
I ignored my back yesterday. I'm not ignoring it now.

Terry
[-] The following 2 users Like specops56's post:

Good Morning AlphaRomeo!
Cloudy as usual here and 55° this morning. They're saying 72° and breezy this afternoon.

Pretty sure I found my next truck. It's got fairly high mileage, but I know the owner and how he treats his vehicles, so its history is known and not scary. I wish it was more economical to drive, but that's not as big a deal these days since I'm not constantly on the road anymore. And another good thing is that it's old enough to still run 16" wheels, so replacement tires aren't going to require mortgaging the house.
[-] The following 3 users Like Longhair's post:

Good morning! 68 and cloudy this morning with a 20% chance for rain before reaching 84 this afternoon. Nothing on my agenda, so it's one of those play it by ear days.

It's 66 and wet from last nights rain and currently playing a thunder concert at my house. Gotta call the vet this morning. I think Pumpkinhead may have taken a turn for the worst.

Terry
(This post was last modified: 06-10-2024, 08:22 AM by specops56.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes specops56's post:

Good Morning AlphaRomeo!
Mostly cloudy 52° here with a north breeze that is going to keep it from hitting 70° this afternoon, even though the clouds are supposed to clear out.

Not much on the schedule today, but going to look at a truck later this afternoon.
I'll probably fire up the splitter and bread down a little wood since it's going to be cool. I hate running it when it's warm out because it will roast you between the engine and hydraulics heat.
[-] The following 2 users Like Longhair's post:

Pumpkinhead has started losing weight even though the steroid shot was supposed to help her gain weight. She’s down about a pound from when she go the shot last Tuesday. She looks even more emaciated than before. She looks like she just got free from Auschwitz! We’re taking her back to the Vet Wednesday for more testing. Probably an ultrasound and/or endoscopy. I’m very worried.

Terry
[-] The following 1 user Likes specops56's post:

(06-10-2024, 08:27 PM)specops56 Wrote: Pumpkinhead has started losing weight even though the steroid shot was supposed to help her gain weight. She’s down about a pound from when she go the shot last Tuesday. She looks even more emaciated than before. She looks like she just got free from Auschwitz! We’re taking her back to the Vet Wednesday for more testing. Probably an ultrasound and/or endoscopy. I’m very worried.

Terry

Poor thing. I hope she’ll be ok.
[-] The following 1 user Likes srjdsmith's post:

Good morning! Yesterday was a delightfully dry and cool day, only reaching a high of 80. Today may be a shadow of that, starting at 67 this morning and aiming for 87.