good morning!

680 Replies, 38567 Views

Whoever set this up has a real sense of humor

Bhawk distillery is a mile or 2 from Pinehurst and they have the US Open golf tournament going on

And I hate golf 🤣🤣🤣🤣
(06-14-2024, 01:16 PM)Rampy Wrote: Whoever set this up has a real sense of humor

Bhawk distillery is a mile or 2 from Pinehurst and they have the US Open golf tournament going on

And I hate golf 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I'd rather watch bowling than golf.

Terry
[-] The following 1 user Likes specops56's post:

Good morning! 64 here on its way to 95 with LOTS of sunshine. Meeting day. Radio club this morning, blacksmith club this afternoon. Nothing better than an open air shed filled with fire and coal smoke when it's 95 out!
[-] The following 2 users Like olfart's post:

82 and headed up, up, up at my house!

Terry
[-] The following 1 user Likes specops56's post:

Good Morning AlphaRomeo!
Starting out at 64° here, too! Only topping out around 80° today, making it the last nice day we're going to have for the foreseeable future. Tomorrow will be the earliest that I've fired up the AC ever. Normally we don't get heat and humidity like they're forecasting until late July or early August.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Longhair's post:

Happy Father’s Day!

I told my wife: no gifts. I want the kids home, steaks on the grill, mushrooms in the skillet.
[-] The following 2 users Like srjdsmith's post:

Good morning! 69 here, and the goats are already looking for shade. Gonna be another hot one.
Good Afternoon AlphaRomeo!

It was 58° when I got up this morning, 75° @ noon, and 82° now. Supposed to hit right around 90° yet today, but with a decent breeze it won't be too bad. Tomorrow is when hell week starts.
Went out early this morning and got my grocery shopping done for the next two weeks, then put the AC unit in the window in the bedroom. Now I'm going to mow so I'll have most of my outdoor work out of the way.
The new posts are all set, and the electro-braid is all strung on my north paddock. There's a little more to do out there including hanging the gate, but that can all wait 'til the next cooler spell.
Good morning Alpharomeo!
It's currently 55° here, forecast high is 62°. Looks like temps will get more normal by Thursday, with highs in the 80s. Not much going on here, put a bowl of pinto beans on to soak for tomorrow in the crockpot. I was going to make ham and lima beans but I haven't made pintos for a while so I changed my mind. I'd like to make chili but I always share with my neighbors when I make a large pot of something and Lynn is allergic to peppers so I guess I won't be cooking that anytime soon. I'd like to cook collard greens my way, but they're usually not available locally and it's an all day process to make it the way I like it so I guess canned collards will have to do. If you're curious, I like to brown a couple ham hocks and then cook collards with them for long enough to make the greens really tender (almost canned spinach tender). When I get lucky and find really fresh collards no additional water needs to be added to the kettle. Usually, they're not fresh enough for this so I have to add water and keep an eye on them. Typically I stew them for 4 hours or better.
It's 91 at my house right now.

Terry