good morning!

680 Replies, 38800 Views

Those portable units don't work well in high humidity area
(07-08-2024, 11:49 AM)Rampy Wrote:
(07-08-2024, 09:15 AM)specops56 Wrote: 77 at my house. That's outside. Inside was 81 before I turned on the AC. Our AC is 21 years old and on it's last legs so I just run the ceiling fans at bedtime to try to make it last as long as possible. Plus, I can't afford to run it anymore than I have to.

Terry

Wife wants to get a central air conditioner but I’m concerned about h how much it costs & then to run it…

im more about one of those portable AC units ya can wheel into the bedroom

Those portable units don't work very well in high humidity areas like South Carolina. I have a window unit in my garage / workshop. It can cool and heat both. I only use it if I'm going to be working in there for more than a half hour.

Terry
Tucson. 11:22 am and it’s 100°
[-] The following 2 users Like srjdsmith's post:

When I’m the house, 98% of my time is in the den (including sleeping in the recliner..I added a 5,000 btu window unit that keeps the den and kitchen cool..my central ac sent me a thank you note..
[-] The following 1 user Likes Snake46's post:

For anyone that can fix this, when I post it posts twice..I then have to delete the second..
(07-08-2024, 10:11 PM)Snake46 Wrote: When I’m the house, 98% of my time is in the den (including sleeping in the recliner..I added a 5,000 btu window unit that keeps the den and kitchen cool..my central ac sent me a thank you note..

I can’t sleep in the recliner, feeet swell up & neuropathy gets incredibly bad
(07-08-2024, 01:34 PM)specops56 Wrote: Those portable units don't work well in high humidity area
(07-08-2024, 11:49 AM)Rampy Wrote:
(07-08-2024, 09:15 AM)specops56 Wrote: 77 at my house. That's outside. Inside was 81 before I turned on the AC. Our AC is 21 years old and on it's last legs so I just run the ceiling fans at bedtime to try to make it last as long as possible. Plus, I can't afford to run it anymore than I have to.

Terry

Wife wants to get a central air conditioner but I’m concerned about h how much it costs & then to run it…

im more about one of those portable AC units ya can wheel into the bedroom

Those portable units don't work very well in high humidity areas like South Carolina. I have a window unit in my garage / workshop. It can cool and heat both. I only use it if I'm going to be working in there for more than a half hour.

Terry

What’s humidity?? It’s 30% now after a light rain 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
79 at my house. Gotta go back to Nephrology to get a blood test they forgot to do last week at my regular appointment. A real PITA because I live 45 minutes away from them one way.

Terry
[-] The following 2 users Like specops56's post:

It's our annual July 'cold snap'! 66 this morning headed for 86. Looks like Beryl is through with Texas. We got 6.2" out of it. Hope it didn't wash away my garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like olfart's post:

Just got back from Nephrology. Just call me the human pin cushion. Currently 88 with 72% humidity at my house. Supposed to rain today. I hope so. I just turned the AC on.

Terry
[-] The following 1 user Likes specops56's post:

It’s 73…high of 80…..humidity is 26%

Think I’ll try and take a nap, did not sleep very well
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rampy's post: