good morning!

680 Replies, 39143 Views

Forecast 100°+ this weekend and I'm going to an outdoor hamfect Saturday, yuk! At least the humidity isn't high here. Bought a bottle of fish sauce this morning. Hoo boy is it salty! It doesn't taste like the Vietnamese and Filipino fish sauce I've had in restaurants, maybe they add sugar?
100 degrees at 8pm, what is this hell I’ve landed in 🤮🤮

But so much frozen goodness we can’t get at home
[Image: IMG-2924.jpg]
81 degrees with 81% humidity at my house. No rain last night for a change. Maybe things will be dry enough by the weekend I can finally mow my lawn.

Terry
[-] The following 1 user Likes specops56's post:

It was 69 at 0600, but that didn't last long. Expecting a high of 98 this afternoon. Terry, you can run down here and mow mine too, if you want.
Was 93 walking out of the hotel this morning 🤮🤮

Drove across Texas hill country & Woza is it some beautiful country

Don’t understand why everyone had fencing and gates, like every house was a separate country 😱😱 some simple fences/gate and some beautiful & elaborate with electric/remote/speaker gates…..

Saw 2 places with big roadside fences ( hard to scale without a ladder) that had at least 16-20 foot high solid walls about 15-20 feet inside the outer fence and several places had a inner fence/gate as well as a external one

It’s confusing
The fences and gates are to keep out the riff-raff from Austin.
[-] The following 1 user Likes olfart's post:

(08-01-2024, 11:03 PM)olfart Wrote: The fences and gates are to keep out the riff-raff from Austin.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
68 here this morning on its way to 99 with an extreme heat warning. I finally bit the bullet yesterday and mowed the front yard, but only after my wife embarrassed me into it by mowing the back yard herself. Of course it took her 20 minutes to mow the back yard, and it took me 2 hours to mow the front, but at least it's done for another week.
82 at my house. Had an ATT Uverse area outage at 1500 yesterday. No TV, internet or telephone until 0300 today. I'll be calling ATT later to demand a credit on my next bill.

Terry
[-] The following 1 user Likes specops56's post:

I’m melting, 87 with 74% humidity and a high of a cool 95 😳😳…

My fat ass aint dealing very well with the heat
[-] The following 2 users Like Rampy's post: