good morning!

680 Replies, 37714 Views

73 at my house headed for 91 today.

Terry
[-] The following 1 user Likes specops56's post:

The "dog days" of summer are here now. This week and next, lows in the mid-70s, highs 99 - 100 - 102, no rain in sight.
Climate wise, this is a pretty good location. Summer temps in the 80s-90s with humidity staying below 40%. Winters are usually above 0 with short excursions down to -10°.
Politically it's changed beyond recognition. You can keep your "assault weapon" if you have one, (defined as any semi auto rifle) but can't buy or sell within the state. As near as I can tell swapping parts on an "assault weapon" would be assembling one, so that would be prohibited. Possession of an 80% finished after 2016? is illegal.
So, the weather is nice here, but the political conditions suck! That may or may not be a part of why I don't post much ar15 stuff here.
[-] The following 1 user Likes tommag's post:

79 with 71% humidity and no rain in sight. I can finally get out and mow the jungle I call my front yard today. I'm going to wait until later in the day when the sun is on the backyard side of my house to limit my sun exposure.

Terry

My luck is running true to form. I borrowed a mower from a friend and when I got ready to start mowing I discovered that the right, rear wheel is frozen. Won't turn at all. Just drags the ground. I think I need to hire a few goats.

Terry

Goats would rather eat your wife's flowers than the grass in your yard. Basically, they eat everything EXCEPT what you want them to eat. You'll be ahead of the game fixing the neighbor's mower.
(08-15-2024, 06:39 PM)specops56 Wrote: My luck is running true to form. I borrowed a mower from a friend and when I got ready to start mowing I discovered that the right, rear wheel is frozen. Won't turn at all. Just drags the ground. I think I need to hire a few goats.

Terry

At least now you know why he loaned it to you.
(08-15-2024, 10:56 PM)srjdsmith Wrote:
(08-15-2024, 06:39 PM)specops56 Wrote: My luck is running true to form. I borrowed a mower from a friend and when I got ready to start mowing I discovered that the right, rear wheel is frozen. Won't turn at all. Just drags the ground. I think I need to hire a few goats.

Terry

Nope. It was rolling when he brought it to me. He told me I could keep it if I wanted to. He has a bunch of them.

Terry
72 and sunny at my house today.

Terry
(08-16-2024, 07:56 AM)specops56 Wrote:
(08-15-2024, 10:56 PM)srjdsmith Wrote:

Terry

Nope. It was rolling when he brought it to me. He told me I could keep it if I wanted to. He has a bunch of them.

Terry
I'd probably start with penetrating oil on it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes tommag's post: