classified ads rant

4 Replies, 1443 Views

So, I'm tired of the canopy I put on my 94 dodge ram .  I offered it for free on a local forum with pictures. One guy wanted It but decided it wasn't a good match for his gen3 ram.
Next guy has a 94 and we decided on a day to meet up. This was on a Monday .  When friday rolled around,  I texted him for a time. No answer. Maybe he got hurt or something.  I sent a PM and it sits in outbox until it's read. Anyway, he read it but still didn't respond.
How hard is it to type a simple I changed my mind  in a text?  Grrrr!
As it turns out, Karl, the owner of the repeater system I use will be over Friday to get it. He's the opposite of a flake.
(This post was last modified: 08-16-2023, 11:18 PM by tommag.)
Hi. Is it still available?

I have cash.

Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Emptymag's post:

(08-16-2023, 10:44 PM)tommag Wrote: So, I'm tired of the canopy I put on my 94 dodge ram .  I offered it for free on a local forum with pictures. One guy wanted It but decided it wasn't a good match for his gen3 ram.
Next guy has a 94 and we decided on a day to meet up. This was on a Monday .  When friday rolled around,  I texted him for a time. No answer. Maybe he got hurt or something.  I sent a PM and it sits in outbox until it's read. Anyway, he read it but still didn't respond.
How hard is it to type a simple I changed my mind  in a text?  Grrrr!
As it turns out, Karl, the owner of the repeater system I use will be over Friday to get it. He's the opposite of a flake.

I tried to give away a nice TV stand a couple months ago, so I listed it on Facebook Marketplace.  In the first 30 minutes, I got 10 replies of which I had to tell 9 of them that the first guy was coming for it.  Well, the first guy ghosted me so the I alerted the next guy that it was his!  He said he would be there in 1 hour.  So the next day, I alerted the 3rd guy that it was still available (because the 2nd guy also ghosted!)  To make a short story shorter, this went on for like 8 or 9 times until someone I actually knew saw the add and wanted it!  They came and picked it up in like 15 minutes!  Morale of the story is f@ck Facebook Marketplace...you can barely even give free stuff away!  Or, maybe the morale is that people are really idiots these days!  You decide!
[Image: image.php?u=3580&type=sigpic&dateline=1688129445]
(08-17-2023, 01:25 AM)Emptymag Wrote: Hi. Is it still available?

I have cash.

Big Grin
Yes, but the price has been raised from 0 to 0.00
[-] The following 1 user Likes tommag's post:

(08-17-2023, 08:43 AM)tommag Wrote:
(08-17-2023, 01:25 AM)Emptymag Wrote: Hi. Is it still available?

I have cash.

Big Grin
Yes, but the price has been raised from 0 to 0.00

Damn that Bidenflation!

Terry
[-] The following 2 users Like specops56's post: