BBQ Oops….

7 Replies, 6061 Views

I have had lots of bad bbq. Dickie’s was the worst. We had a rush of bbq joints in the town near me a few years ago and they all failed. Horrible food or so hit and miss you didn’t dare chance it.

When I traveled for work finding the best in town was a goal. Some of the best places were absolute dives. One of the best is no longer in operation and I do miss it. (CJ’s). They gave another location but the side dishes are not the same quality and the ribs are just a tad dryer than the other place. Not a bad meal but the area is a tad sketchy for me.

We have a new local joint that opened in the last few years and I have not tried it yet. I’m afraid of being disappointed. Lots of pop up bbq stands as well and none make it. Good bbq costs money and time. Most places dont have the time to prepare it right and try and find a shortcut. Shortcuts never fool me although there are some shortcuts that work. One bbq place makes a chicken fried steak with white gravy that tastes good for a bit then gets overwhelming. Turns out they substitute sugar for sausage and most people dont catch it.

Truth is most people do not know what good bbq is out here on the west coast. I have not made much myself this year as time has been short and I cannot find the time to cook half a day. Do it right or don’t do it at all is my motto these days.
[-] The following 3 users Like Towtruck's post:

Messages In This Thread
BBQ Oops…. - by Rampy - 10-01-2023, 08:59 PM
RE: BBQ Oops…. - by md65636 - 10-01-2023, 09:32 PM
RE: BBQ Oops…. - by tommag - 10-01-2023, 10:10 PM
RE: BBQ Oops…. - by srjdsmith - 10-01-2023, 10:23 PM
RE: BBQ Oops…. - by Rampy - 10-02-2023, 02:06 PM
RE: BBQ Oops…. - by Towtruck - 10-18-2023, 12:18 AM
RE: BBQ Oops…. - by specops56 - 10-18-2023, 09:32 AM
RE: BBQ Oops…. - by Rampy - 10-18-2023, 05:41 PM