Lets Talk About Buckshot

12 Replies, 68 Views

Alrighty, I just came in from testing 3 loads at 7 yards. I found a few rounds of Fiocchi Exacta nickel plated buckshot on my ammo shelf so decided to throw it in on the test. This is a star crimped round with a wad and is a 9 pellet 00 load.

I had not considered the sun shining through my target board, and will try to get better photos on the next round of targets. I fired 2 rounds on each target, one on the head and one on the torso.

Ammo fired from a Mossberg 590A1 20" barrel with cylinder bore choke.

First up we have the Federal 9 Pellet flight control. It pretty much hit like a slug at 7 yards which I must say is pretty impressive.
[Image: temp-Image-Kwf-OMp.avif]

Next up was the Fiocchi. After having had the Federal ammo hit like that on the first target, I was surprised at the spread on this load. Remember, this is 7 yards, 21 feet. Across the living room in my house is 28 feet.
[Image: temp-Image-UBs594.avif]

And lastly is the S&B which is a roll crimped round with no shot cup. Notice we are already starting to see the 9th pellet flier even at this close of a range with both of the non Federal Loads.
[Image: temp-Image-G0-A3id.avif]

I'm gonna finish my cup of coffee and then head back out to the range and will post the 15 yard results in a bit.
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Shooters Apprentice's post:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lets Talk About Buckshot - by The Shooters Apprentice - 3 hours ago