Baltimore Key Bridge Taken Out by Ship

14 Replies, 701 Views

Here's a video as it happened.

https://twitter.com/citizenfreepres/stat...69678?s=46
(03-26-2024, 08:20 AM)olfart Wrote: Here's a video as it happened.

Another video showing the ship just prior to the collision. Shows electric power outage and recovery, hard turn to starboard, second power outage, and collision.

This may get me labeled a conspiracy nut, but notice the first power outage, then immediately upon being restored, the ship takes a hard turn to starboard, then the second power outage, restoration, and collision. That looks to me like the crew realized they were being hacked and killed the electric power in an effort to stop the hack. When the power was restored, the hacker had to make a hard turn to keep the ship on its collision course.
[-] The following 2 users Like olfart's post:

(03-26-2024, 11:23 AM)olfart Wrote:

Another video showing the ship just prior to the collision. Shows electric power outage and recovery, hard turn to starboard, second power outage, and collision.

This may get me labeled a conspiracy nut, but notice the first power outage, then immediately upon being restored, the ship takes a hard turn to starboard, then the second power outage, restoration, and collision. That looks to me like the crew realized they were being hacked and killed the electric power in an effort to stop the hack. When the power was restored, the hacker had to make a hard turn to keep the ship on its collision course.
I know less than nothing, but if it was a hack by the folks at the Aloha Snackbar wouldn't they be claiming responsibility by now?
I couldn't see a state actor doing something like this unless it was in the final preparation for war.  In that case I'd think they wouldn't tip their hand until the pieces are in place for a whole lot of strategic targets to be hit at the same time.
It may have been a target of opportunity, a ship whose cybersecurity was lax, allowing a hacker to gain control. Did anyone ever claim responsibility for the incidents in the Pacific? I never heard if they did.
(03-26-2024, 11:23 AM)olfart Wrote:

One thing is for sure, we won't be told the truth about what happened. Within a few hours the FBI had already ruled out terrorism. That is odd, before they even got people to the scene they were so sure it wasn't terrorism that they announced so to the world. You can be sure it wasn't an attack on the bridge of the ship by turbaned hijackers but I don't buy that it wasn't the actions of someone wishing to do us harm. If they were to call it out as what it really was it would have a huge chilling effect on world shipping and they can't have that with FJB in charge. They will say it was "a mechanical issue" and 98% of people will believe it. Meanwhile, the crew and the pilot will be forced to sign National Security NDA's and probably a hefty sum of money in their pocket insuring that it never leaks out that the ship was hacked and steered into the bridge and that a huge majority of ships are vulnerable to the same thing. Just last week there was a container ship that crushed 4 cranes in Turkey when they "lost control" on approach to the dock and ran into it. That is a heck of a coincidence, 2 massive ships losing control and running into infrastructure in a week.
[-] The following 2 users Like MontanaLon's post:

Isn't it sad! There was a time when the FBI had credability. They've destroyed that to the point where I don't even read what they have to say. They may as well be non playable characters in a video game.
(This post was last modified: 03-26-2024, 07:36 PM by tommag.)
[-] The following 2 users Like tommag's post:

OK, to balance out my conspiracy theory on the hard right turn of the ship into the bridge support, I've done more reading. It seems high tide was about 5 hours prior to the collision, so the current was flowing outbound. The crew is alleged to have dropped at least one anchor to slow the ship's travel. If that anchor on the bow caught enough to drag, the current would carry the stern out toward the channel, achieving the same apparent hard right turn. The momentum of the ship, in addition to the current pushing it, would carry it forward into the support column.

Does that get me off the conspiracy theorist list now?
(03-27-2024, 10:16 AM)olfart Wrote: OK, to balance out my conspiracy theory on the hard right turn of the ship into the bridge support, I've done more reading.  It seems high tide was about 5 hours prior to the collision, so the current was flowing outbound. The crew is alleged to have dropped at least one anchor to slow the ship's travel.  If that anchor on the bow caught enough to drag, the current would carry the stern out toward the channel, achieving the same apparent hard right turn. The momentum of the ship, in addition to the current pushing it, would carry it forward into the support column.

Does that get me off the conspiracy theorist list now?
I wouldn't call it a conspiracy theory,  just a possible scenario.  It seems hackers can do amazing things remotely and your theory probably isn't that far out there.
[-] The following 2 users Like tommag's post:

From what little I’ve seen, the ship was not even in the correct channel to begin with & it was setting up for a collision with that pylon before the power went out

Now that’s tin foil for ya but it comes from a guy I was stationed with for 3 years & is now a cop in Baltimore who is retiring this year
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rampy's post:

The FBI insisted it was not terrorism even before they started the investigation so, yeah, it was terrorism.

Terry
(This post was last modified: 03-27-2024, 03:36 PM by specops56.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes specops56's post: