Buffalo

10 Replies, 639 Views

Buffalo ribs, buffalo sausage & buffalo brisket with a side of spicy greens (excellent) and a corn muffin 

Was most excellent 

[Image: IMG-8699.jpg]
I've only eaten buffalo a couple times in a truck stop in Minnesota. I really couldn't detect a difference in flavor. It was a thick 1/2 lb burger cooked medium rare. It was nice and juicy but I figured that was just the thickness and not overcooking it. Maybe there's more to it than that.
I've had beefalo from a local producer. Good stuff, but a little drier than straight beef
It’s less fat, quite a bit leaner & if you don’t take that into consideration it’s dry and blah.

Wife made meatloaf with 1 pound ground buffalo and 1 pound ground beef and it was about perfect, might try lean ground beef next time to see how the fat content works out

Steaks cook faster & have to be watched closer but I always put a hunk of butter on a covered resting steak 😱😱🤣🤣🤣
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rampy's post:

(02-25-2024, 10:51 PM)tommag Wrote: I've only eaten buffalo a couple times in a truck stop in Minnesota. I really couldn't detect a difference in flavor. It was a thick 1/2 lb burger cooked medium rare.  It was nice and juicy but I figured that was just the thickness and not overcooking it. Maybe there's more to it than that.

yep on burgers and such it’s really hard to tell a difference. I like it cuz it’s way leaner with higher protein than cow 

It’s the health benefits of less fat & more protein that I like, seems like I eat less and get full faster but that could be in my head
[-] The following 2 users Like Rampy's post:

We had some nasty buffalo once in Wall, SD- one of the restaurants by Wall Drug. It wasn’t nicely ground, very grisly and tough, even though it was meatballs.

Subsequently my wife is convinced “buffalo is gross”
[-] The following 1 user Likes srjdsmith's post:

(02-26-2024, 05:45 PM)srjdsmith Wrote: We had some nasty buffalo once in Wall, SD- one of the restaurants by Wall Drug. It wasn’t nicely ground, very grisly and tough, even though it was meatballs.

Only thing I’ve ever eaten at Wall Drug is donuts 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

(02-26-2024, 07:49 PM)Rampy Wrote:
(02-26-2024, 05:45 PM)srjdsmith Wrote: We had some nasty buffalo once in Wall, SD- one of the restaurants by Wall Drug. It wasn’t nicely ground, very grisly and tough, even though it was meatballs.

Never been to wall drug but the gas station right at the exit ramp sold their donuts.l
  The maple frosting donuts are the best!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes tommag's post:

(02-26-2024, 08:12 PM)tommag Wrote:

Never been to wall drug but the gas station right at the exit ramp sold their donuts.l
  The maple frosting donuts are the best!!

I’ve Ben known to take 90 instead of 80 just for the donuts 🤣🤣

did not know the gas station sold em

We shoulda’ stuck to donuts that day.
[-] The following 1 user Likes srjdsmith's post: