Help…..Frustrated Beyond Belief

7 Replies, 2641 Views

[Image: IMG-9826.jpg]
So we have a Snowmaster travel fridge & it’s a spiffy little thing. Run it off a EcoFlow solar generator/battery that’s charged by a 12v outlet 

Today we stopped around 5pm (in eagle pass Texas) for dinner and the fridge was dead/battery dead and could not get it to run or charge no matter what I did. Could not find a fuse so I said to hell with it 

Got to Del Rio tried the fridge again and it powered up, the battery started to charge but then shuts off

Question am I sucking to much power thru the 12v outlet, or is something else at play here

I tried charging at 8 amps, then 6 & finely 4 amps with nothing different 

[Image: IMG-9819.jpg]

[Image: IMG-9821.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 03-28-2024, 10:02 PM by Rampy.)
You're not trying to use it with the engine off, I assume? The alleged 8 amp draw should not be a problem for the lighter socket IF the engine is running. If you haven't blown a fuse in the car, it's not drawing too much current.
If I'm reading this right, the dead battery is in the eco flow, not the car? If so, usually there's a fuse inside the cigarette lighter plug. I'd start there. Most plugs have the two sides held together with a small machine screw and nut. 8 amps draw should be fine for cigarette lighter sockets. I've found that a solid state fridge will wipe out my batteries (4) in my truck in 36 hours with the engine off.
The battery or charge controller in the eco flow might be bad, but that's beyond my level of experience.
(This post was last modified: 03-28-2024, 11:49 PM by tommag.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes tommag's post:

Engine on to charge the eco flow battery and yes the eco flow battery is dead & will not charge

Un plugged everything now and will plug fridge in directly to the vehicle when leaving in the morning to see if it works & possibly how long

I could not find a in line fuse in the eco flow 12v charging cable, it does not seem to be able to take it apart

Never had a problem in the truck, charging during the day driving & when parked the battery would run the fridge

Seems like it will run the fridge for 36 hours before running out of charge but I’ve not tried that in over a year & that’s setting the temp at 32* when the fridge is at -8 (as low as it will go) the battery lasts about 24 hours
A few minutes ago it occurred to me that you should plug something else into that outlet to see if it's working. Looks like you're thinking along those lines by bypassing the ecoflow.
[-] The following 1 user Likes tommag's post:

Wish I had a outlet tester just for peace of mind

Plugging in the battery it starts to charge & shuts off

Plugged in the fridge and it started up, will check it when we stop for gas & see if it’s still running
[-] The following 2 users Like Rampy's post:

Just checked & fridge was off, but after unplugging going potty & then starting the car & plugged in the fridge it showed 35* and started running

So flipping frustrating
Stopped for the night and fridge was running

I’m assuming at this point it’s a issue with the battery
[-] The following 2 users Like Rampy's post: