Honest folks!

3 Replies, 1303 Views

I've been helping out a little with the estate. My neighbor Dave, told me the large collection of Avon ruby red dinnerware was worth a lot of money. We looked up asking prices on Etsy, ebay, etc. There may be a few 1000 there.  Keep in mind that the time required to sell this stuff pales in comparison to either of our incomes. Jay asked if Dave would like it. The answer was "I can't afford it." Jay told me to give it to Dave, which I did tonight.
Not 30 minutes later Dave comes to my door with two of the three packages he'd opened. Hidden inside those two was an assortment of jewelry. One doesn't hide costume jewelry like that.
Jay knows I trust Dave completely, but he was still blown away! He also knows Dave is a poor boy, hence the gift rather than sale.
The treasure hunt will continue tomorrow and I'll help, not to supervise, just to help. Also, another young neighbor lady I hired to help turned over several findings of coins from the 1840 to early 1900s (no supervision, she could've pocketed them).
I'm truly blessed with several friends of such good character!
(This post was last modified: 08-29-2023, 10:39 PM by tommag.)
[-] The following 5 users Like tommag's post:

That’s the kind of neighbors one needs- yourself included.
[-] The following 1 user Likes srjdsmith's post:

(08-29-2023, 11:00 PM)srjdsmith Wrote: That’s the kind of neighbors one needs- yourself included.
Thank you for the kind words. Over the years I've lived in several trailer parks and while I'm sure there were some bad actors, my experience has been good. Yeah, trailer parks are full of low income folks, but if what I've seen is trailer trash, then I'll proudly wear the name. I've lived in nicer places that had residents of lower character.  Lots of folks with a loose screw, but that's not exclusive to trailer parks. Maybe I'm just lucky.
My Daddy taught me that my conscience is worth more than any amount of money. Your friend was raised right!

Terry
[-] The following 3 users Like specops56's post: