I feel pretty good.

10 Replies, 3830 Views

So, I've been helping organize and clearing Sylvia's stuff for Jay. He couldn't handle her clothes without breaking down. I hired a neighbor who specializes in estate stuff. Her task for today was the clothing.
Jay called at 10pm in a panic. Sylvia's niece (basically her daughter) was promised her wedding dress. They were panicked that the wedding dress went to the salvation army. I was instantly able to direct them to its location. She plans on getting married in it. Thankfully,  the neighbor that does this for a living recognized it as something special. She did the organizing, I was just labor. It pays to hire a pro! As it turns out, the neighbor works with the same law firm that I hired to make up my will.
In this time of grief, it was nice to provide a little measure of happiness.
(This post was last modified: 08-23-2023, 02:12 AM by tommag.)
[-] The following 2 users Like tommag's post:

I hope I don't turn everyone off with my posts about everything connected to this death. I think I'm starting to understand the facebook mentality. I normally don't update everyone on all the details of my life, but I'm finding this to be cathartic.
[-] The following 1 user Likes tommag's post:

It's not the cathartic updates that are a social media shit show. It's the constant updates to their own depressing lives and telling everyone how long they sat on the shitter to get rid of the taco bell they ate.
So post away and feel better.
[-] The following 2 users Like pierceg's post:

When you're troubled, it helps to share the burden. No problem on my part. When you start posting your trips to the head, that will be a problem.
[-] The following 3 users Like olfart's post:

(08-23-2023, 08:41 AM)olfart Wrote: When you're troubled, it helps to share the burden. No problem on my part. When you start posting your trips to the head, that will be a problem.

What he said! This is what friends are for brother.

Terry
[-] The following 3 users Like specops56's post:

(08-23-2023, 02:45 AM)pierceg Wrote: It's not the cathartic updates that are a social media shit show.  It's the constant updates to their own depressing lives and telling everyone how long they sat on the shitter to get rid of the taco bell they ate. 
So post away and feel better.
I seldom have to sit very long after taco bell. As a matter of fact, I ate there today and it only....... 🤭
What did I just say? Young man, you may be spending some time in the corner!
[-] The following 2 users Like olfart's post:

One doesn’t purchase Taco Bell, one really only rents it for a few minutes.

Also, I think it’s nice to have a friendly reader to see your posts when you need to get something off your chest. I’m glad you feel like this is the place. Caring for the belongings of a loved-one can be traumatic. I’m glad your friend Jay has you to take some of that burden.
[-] The following 3 users Like srjdsmith's post:

(08-23-2023, 11:02 PM)srjdsmith Wrote: One doesn’t purchase Taco Bell, one really only rents it for a few minutes.

Also, I think it’s nice to have a friendly reader to see your posts when you need to get something off your chest. I’m glad you feel like this is the place. Caring for the belongings of a loved-one can be traumatic. I’m glad your friend Jay has you to take some of that burden.
Yeah, I feel comfortable here, many of the familiar folks here and I hope many more show up. It's been a little hard on me, but my bud is really riding the roller coaster today! I found a unit commendation certificate today dated in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred sixty three. It's a shame to lose such family history, but only 2 family members remain. One has no idea what he'd do with the heirlooms and the other wants it all but has very little space for things. I did save the 1863 document as well as a lot of letters and postcards from the early 20th century.
I have some documentation of my maternal grandfather in the 1st and second battles of Chattanooga and his later deployment to the Dakota territory in the Indian wars, so I fully recognize the value of such historical documentation.
(This post was last modified: 08-23-2023, 11:55 PM by tommag.)
[-] The following 3 users Like tommag's post:

You have my support. This is something we all deal with in life and you are doing a bang up job. The heirloom stuff is a tough one. My Wife grabbed a bunch when her Mom died and no one in the family could care more about it. It just takes up space and eventually will end up in landfill but it means something right now to here.

Greg
[-] The following 3 users Like Glshooter's post: