I need your prayers!

8 Replies, 115 Views

We just took Houdini to the emergency vet hospital. She has a bad infection and is in critical condition. They have her on IV antibiotics and oxygen. She may be septic. If she improves over the next 24-48 hours she has a chance. Please pray for my beautiful little guardian angel!
I’ll update when I can. If I lose another one this soon I’ll completely melt down.

Terry
[-] The following 1 user Likes specops56's post:

Prayers en route.
[-] The following 1 user Likes olfart's post:

Praying for you and Houdini.
Prayers upbound.
[-] The following 1 user Likes smb5769's post:

They called us at midnight and said she’s responding to treatment and improving. Her heart rate is better. Her BP is better. They couldn’t get a reading before but now they can. She was dehydrated and her electrolytes are all over the place but improving. They’re testing her blood hourly. They think she has a urinary tract infection that went septic. They have a treatment plan they believe should work but only time will tell and she’s not out of the woods yet.

Terry
[-] The following 4 users Like specops56's post:

Thanks for the prayers! They seem to be working.

Terry
[-] The following 2 users Like specops56's post:

Houdini needs more prayers!

Ultrasound confirms she has GI disease and is septic. They can’t tell which version because she’s too weak to do a biopsy. While she seemed to have improved a little she’s still suffering. We’re going to the vet in short while and will find out more then. We may have to make a very hard decision. I’ll update later. Keep praying brothers! She never did anything to deserve this!

Terry
[-] The following 2 users Like specops56's post:

Just got back from the vet hospital. We spent some time in the critical care unit with Houdini. She started meowing for us to take her home as soon as I touched her. It was such a pitiful sound and she was looking at me and I almost lost it then and there. Vet said that was the most she’d moved since they got her. But she’s still in bad shape. I told Houdini to keep fighting and don’t give up because we were not giving up on her.
She’s not tolerating the IV fluids well and now the ultrasound shows some fluid around her lungs. She also may be having some heart failure. They are doing an EKG today to find out more. They are also going to try giving her some fluid by nose tube. She’s still very dehydrated. The vet doesn’t think she’s going to make it. I paid another 3 grand up front to keep them trying. I told the vet to let me know if it gets to the point that she’s suffering for no good reason and then I will make the call. I’m praying it doesn’t come to that.

Terry
Sorry for your misery. Prayers continue for you and Houdini.
[-] The following 2 users Like olfart's post: