Make Ready…..Caleb Giddings Revolver

11 Replies, 6708 Views

Interesting video, might get it 

Why am I not shocked that you're a Caleb Giddings fan boi? Now the Paul Harrell hatred makes sense. Of course it's a Taurus revolver, too. No one else will have anything to do with the guy after he's burned so many bridges.

"In this video we'll cover cleaning, maintenance, and disassembly of your revolver." Well thankfully, Taurus takes care of the disassembly part on it's own...usually when firing it.
(This post was last modified: 07-27-2023, 07:37 AM by SimpleJack.)
(07-27-2023, 07:36 AM)SimpleJack Wrote: Well thankfully, Taurus takes care of the disassembly part on it's own...usually when firing it.

I hear that a lot, mostly from guys who have never owned a Taurus. I've owned several over the years. All were excellent quality for the price and 100% reliable. I worked for a master gunsmith in the late 80s right after I got out of the Navy. I basically ran the gun shop. We sold many S&W and Taurus revolvers. We never had a single Taurus come back to the shop with any problems. Can't say the same for S&W. The fact is, ALL gun companies produce lemons from time to time. That doesn't mean the company is crap or that all their guns are lemons.

As for the guy in the video, never heard of him.

Terry
(07-27-2023, 08:04 AM)specops56 Wrote:
(07-27-2023, 07:36 AM)SimpleJack Wrote: Well thankfully, Taurus takes care of the disassembly part on it's own...usually when firing it.

I hear that a lot, mostly from guys who have never owned a Taurus. I've owned several over the years. All were excellent quality for the price and 100% reliable. I worked for a master gunsmith in the late 80s right after I got out of the Navy. I basically ran the gun shop. We sold many S&W and Taurus revolvers. We never had a single Taurus come back to the shop with any problems. Can't say the same for S&W. The fact is, ALL gun companies produce lemons from time to time. That doesn't mean the company is crap or that all their guns are lemons.

Terry

I've owned five Taurus revolvers. Only one that wasn't an issue was a Model 85. And Taurus's customer service is terrible.
(This post was last modified: 07-27-2023, 08:48 AM by SimpleJack.)
I have owned a Raging Bull 6" 44 mag for years now and I've never had an issue with it.  It's actually more comfortable and more fun to shoot than my Colts!  I also have an original PT1911 that has been nothing but reliable since I have had it!
[Image: image.php?u=3580&type=sigpic&dateline=1688129445]
I have a TX 22 that I think is great. My Tracker's barrel was canted, and three other's cylinders loosened and one fell out. This was after one range session. Thankfully, they were guns I inherited and didn't buy with my own money. Once they were fixed, I sold them.
(07-27-2023, 08:04 AM)specops56 Wrote:

Terry

Remember the goofy show top shot or something like that, he was on the show, is a USAF reserve combat arms instructor, does all kinds of IDPA/USAA pistol competitions, he is instructor for Pat Rogers revolver round up at Gunsite & teaches revolver courses

he is currently in Brazil at the Taurus factory as he is the media manager for them & posting pictures of the factory & new building 

he’s pushing Taurus to come out with more concealed carry revolvers and filling the gaps Colt & s& w have
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rampy's post:

[Image: IMG-5031.jpg]

[Image: IMG-5032.jpg]
[Image: IMG-5029.jpg]

[Image: IMG-5030.jpg]

[Image: IMG-5033.jpg]
Taurus started out by making revolvers for S%W, on S&W machinery as well as Beretta 92s for Beretta on Beretta machinery. They're not exactly new to the art of gun making.

Terry