NKD didn't go so well!

4 Replies, 228 Views

I just received a Benchmade Adamas full size auto from GovX.com but it was locked up tighter than a safe right out of the box!  Something is wrong with the Safety mechanism so off it goes to warranty already!  I was hoping to start dabbling in the mid to high end of knife collecting but this is really turning my off fast...not to mention the constant threat of fakes and counterfeit knifes!  Really takes the fun out of deal hunting!  I'll post some pics when I get her back!

[Image: BM2750FE2_1.jpg]
[Image: image.php?u=3580&type=sigpic&dateline=1688129445]
(This post was last modified: 04-23-2024, 02:35 PM by RocketFoot.)
[-] The following 2 users Like RocketFoot's post:

We can't have autos here in Washington State, but I find flipper tabs to be just as handy as long as you keep the hinge clean.
[-] The following 1 user Likes tommag's post:

I have been running that knife for a few years with no issues. It is mostly my dress/weekend knife. I have a Spyderco Tenacious S35vn for work/daily. I knew going in the D2 steel would need to be sharpened more often and more protection from the elements. Hopefully Benchmade will take care of you.
"I had this theory. It was based loosely on the unremarkable observation that the old are always looking back with longing while the young, with the same longing, look ahead. One man remembers what the other imagines." Thomas Lynch, The Undertaking: Life Studies from a Dismal Trade
[-] The following 1 user Likes md65636's post:

(04-26-2024, 02:48 PM)md65636 Wrote: I have been running that knife for a few years with no issues. It is mostly my dress/weekend knife. I have a Spyderco Tenacious S35vn for work/daily. I knew going in the D2 steel would need to be sharpened more often and more protection from the elements. Hopefully Benchmade will take care of you.

Yes, they covered shipping both ways and it is currently on the bench!  Hopefully it is 100% when it ships back tome!!  The new Adamas is made from CruWear steel, although the newest versions can be found in Magnacut!  Too rich for my blood though!
[Image: image.php?u=3580&type=sigpic&dateline=1688129445]
[-] The following 2 users Like RocketFoot's post:

I did not know about the new steel options. That definitely is better than the D2.
"I had this theory. It was based loosely on the unremarkable observation that the old are always looking back with longing while the young, with the same longing, look ahead. One man remembers what the other imagines." Thomas Lynch, The Undertaking: Life Studies from a Dismal Trade
[-] The following 1 user Likes md65636's post: