Ok adrenaline. you can stop now!

6 Replies, 768 Views

About an hour ago I was passed by a trooper at normal speeds. He passed the van and cargo trailer a half mile ahead of me and shortly after, he lit up his red and blue blinkies. The van moved left, then back to the right, revealing a wrong way car coming at us. I couldn't slow down as quickly, so I threaded the needle. I was only doing about thirty five by then so I think my ali-arc bumper would've held up, but no one wants any kind of crash.
Luckily there was a cross over there, and that's where the trooper ended up.
That is the closest I've come to a head on. I seldom see wrong way events, but this is the second one in several months for me. The other one wasn't a close call like this one was. I came very close to sideswiping the van with the cargo trailer.
I think I need a full hour of boogie woogie piano to settle down!
[-] The following 1 user Likes tommag's post:

I like Brendan Kavenaughs piano style, but I found a new boogie woogie player that I like just as much.
https://youtu.be/kfab3AIW0fM?si=5XF6gFKvti6NWVJP
Any close is too close! I’m glad you’re ok!
[-] The following 2 users Like srjdsmith's post:

(01-05-2024, 07:59 AM)srjdsmith Wrote: Any close is too close! I’m glad you’re ok!
I doubt I'd have been hurt at that speed. The people in the car probably would've been, though.

Good grief, that’s unreal….glad nothing happened & you were able to slip through
[-] The following 2 users Like Rampy's post:

I have seen some pretty bad head ons. One was right out my window where a gal went under a log truck. Instant death for her and the log driver jump out before it all exploded.

A co worker of mine was tasked with stopping a wrong way driver a couple years ago he took her head on to stop her. She was doing 65 and he had stopped with no foot on the brakes and just made sure she hit him. He never missed an hour of work. The gal lived and her family tried to sue us for crashing her car.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Towtruck's post:

(01-05-2024, 03:33 PM)Towtruck Wrote: I have seen some pretty bad head ons. One was right out my window where a gal went under a log truck. Instant death for her and the log driver jump out before it all exploded.

A co worker of mine was tasked with stopping a wrong way driver a couple years ago he took her head on to stop her. She was doing 65 and he had stopped with no foot on the brakes and just made sure she hit him. He never missed an hour of work. The gal lived and her family tried to sue us for crashing her car.
I like the word tried!