Pistol Braces

17 Replies, 5831 Views

Any news or updates on the status of the pistol brace ruling?  My Google-Fu is not picking up much chatter on the interweb.
[Image: image.php?u=3580&type=sigpic&dateline=1688129445]
Plenty of court cases. A couple of gun right groups have injunctions for their members (thanks to the 5th circuit) and the NRA is finally trying to get on board. If you are a member of a group that has an injunction you are safe not complying and not getting rid of/destroying your pistol brace. Honestly this will be playing out for a while and I would not be surprised if it makes the Supreme Court in the next two years.
(07-05-2023, 11:24 AM)Internet troll Wrote: Plenty of court cases.  A couple of gun right groups have injunctions for their members (thanks to the 5th circuit) and the NRA is finally trying to get on board.  If you are a member of a group that has an injunction you are safe not complying and not getting rid of/destroying your pistol brace.  Honestly this will be playing out for a while and I would not be surprised if it makes the Supreme Court in the next two years.

Wonder what clubs?  Quick internet search didn't really turn up anything.
If by "clubs" you mean the organizations that are protected under the injunction, the only 3 that I'm aware of were the named plaintiffs that brought the law suits. So one needed to be a member of either the GOA, FPC or SAF at the time of the ruling.

(This post was last modified: 07-07-2023, 09:09 AM by ExFlyinguy.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes ExFlyinguy's post:

According to this article...if I am reading it correctly, ALL members of FPC would be covered by the injunction as clarified by the courts? Is that correct?

https://www.firearmspolicy.org/fpc_compl...brace_rule

If so, I would join FPC as I have been meaning to join a better group than the NRA lately anyway! IS FPC worth the join?
(07-17-2023, 06:51 AM)RocketFoot Wrote: According to this article...if I am reading it correctly, ALL members of FPC would be covered by the injunction as clarified by the courts?  Is that correct?

https://www.firearmspolicy.org/fpc_compl...brace_rule

If so, I would join FPC as I have been meaning to join a better group than the NRA lately anyway!  IS FPC worth the join?

That's correct. Also, all members of GOA.

Terry
At first I thought it only covered members at the time the injunction was filed but it seems to be clarified that even NEW members are covered by the injunction. That is great news even for a temporary injunction...plus a bonus for joining!

Now I wonder which group to join? I'll probably join both but funds are a little limited at the moment!
(07-17-2023, 11:25 AM)RocketFoot Wrote: At first I thought it only covered members at the time the injunction was filed but it seems to be clarified that even NEW members are covered by the injunction.  That is great news even for a temporary injunction...plus a bonus for joining!

Now I wonder which group to join?  I'll probably join both but funds are a little limited at the moment!

I recommend joining both. Just give what you can when you can to either or both. You'll still be helping just by increasing the membership numbers and signing on to the various letters and staying up to date with their alerts.

Terry
I also was going to support/join another pro 2A group (other than the NRA) so I just did both- FPC first and GOA more recently. The mere fact that FPC won that injunction tells me that they have… power? fight? focus? je ne sais quoi? …that the NRA has maybe lost.
(07-17-2023, 04:44 PM)srjdsmith Wrote: I also was going to support/join another pro 2A group (other than the NRA) so I just did both- FPC first and GOA more recently. The mere fact that FPC won that injunction tells me that they have… power? fight? focus? je ne sais quoi? …that the NRA has maybe lost.

As for the pistol brace rule, the NRA didn't care.

Terry
[-] The following 1 user Likes specops56's post: