The report button

11 Replies, 1112 Views

While I'm home, I'm checking the action report  frequently. After I get back to work, I'm likely to miss older spam posts. Down where the like/quote/reply area is there's another one, report. If I'm off for a few days it would help if you guys would use that. That way I could quickly see things I might've missed.
(This post was last modified: 02-29-2024, 11:05 AM by tommag.)
[-] The following 2 users Like tommag's post:

We can get you some help also! Are there any volunteers that would like to join Tommag on the staff team? PM me if you would like to sign up!
[Image: image.php?u=3580&type=sigpic&dateline=1688129445]
[-] The following 1 user Likes RocketFoot's post:

(03-01-2024, 06:46 AM)RocketFoot Wrote: We can get you some help also!  Are there any volunteers that would like to join Tommag on the staff team?  PM me if you would like to sign up

I would but the general consensus is he’ll no, don’t give the rumpster that kind of power 😂
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rampy's post:

(03-01-2024, 09:03 PM)Rampy Wrote:
(03-01-2024, 06:46 AM)RocketFoot Wrote: We can get you some help also!  Are there any volunteers that would like to join Tommag on the staff team?  PM me if you would like to sign up

I would but the general consensus is he’ll no, don’t give the rumpster that kind of power 😂
I don't know about that. Just do like I'm trying to do, limit yourself to spammers only.
(This post was last modified: 03-02-2024, 02:10 AM by tommag.)
If anyone would like to volunteer, I'd be happy to share what old inspector Clouseau has learned so far.

Edit to add: The more eyes we have, the easier it would be to keep things clean. So far, it's only a few per day, but it may well get worse.
(This post was last modified: 03-02-2024, 02:15 AM by tommag.)
I'm not computer/internet/hacker/code/etc savvy enough to try to work behind the curtain. I'd probably make the whole interwebs disappear. Come to think of it..... that might not be such a bad thing.

Terry
(03-02-2024, 09:36 AM)specops56 Wrote: I'm not computer/internet/hacker/code/etc savvy enough to try to work behind the curtain. I'd probably make the whole interwebs disappear. Come to think of it..... that might not be such a bad thing.

Terry
Terry, I'm not either. It's not as technical as you think it is. Two clicks on this forum will give you the IP address of any user here. Copy that number and enter it into another website and that will give you the physical location of the server they're going through if you're curious as to roughly where they're located.  You don't even need to do that, I just find it interesting to see where they're at.
As a moderator, you could ban a spammer with two clicks rather than asking for one to be banned like you did a couple days ago. It's easier than uploading a video to your YouTube account. Even a caveman could do it!
[-] The following 1 user Likes tommag's post:

(03-02-2024, 10:32 AM)tommag Wrote:
(03-02-2024, 09:36 AM)specops56 Wrote: I'm not computer/internet/hacker/code/etc savvy enough to try to work behind the curtain. I'd probably make the whole interwebs disappear. Come to think of it..... that might not be such a bad thing.

Terry
Even a caveman could do it!

There you go disparaging cavemen. Discrimination!
[-] The following 1 user Likes olfart's post:

To add to my last post:
I wouldn't use the IP address location to ban someone, I just find that info interesting. Using a VPN a user in West Undershirt Nebraska might be going through a server in Belarus or vice versa.
[-] The following 1 user Likes tommag's post:

(03-02-2024, 10:32 AM)tommag Wrote:

Terry
 Even a caveman could do it!

There's the problem..... I'm not a caveman! Although, my wife might disagree.

Terry
[-] The following 2 users Like specops56's post: