This rifle confuses gun snobs!

6 Replies, 1901 Views

One of my favorite pastimes is arguing with gun snobs over various tier AR equipment!  I mean, don't get me wrong, I enjoy top tier gear but I also love budget rifles...maybe more so the latter!  Right when they start calling me a "Poor," I whip out pics of my snob buster!  This bad boy is built on a coveted East Coast Gun lower made by LMT with a PSA upper, FN chrome lined barrel enhanced LPK, Toolcraft BCG and Magpul stock.  I also added a really nice UTG mono top quad rail drop in, Magpul light mount and Snap-on light.  The optic is Center Point from Walmart!  She's a mutt alright but what an amazing shooter!  Every thing fits together and it runs great!!

Now I have several LMT's, as well as a bunch of Anderson's and a Bushmaster...I can't tell the difference in any of them!  I may defend the poor man's rifle but I respect all opinions so I don't mean this to be a poor vs snob post...just showing off my mutt!!

[Image: image.php?u=3580&type=sigpic&dateline=1688129445]
[-] The following 5 users Like RocketFoot's post:

I hear quad rails are coming back in style - and bell bottom jeans too!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Emptymag's post:

Maybe this fits in with my chandelier in an outhouse thread, but I can't tell the difference between tier one or tier 7. My first ar was a lite16, no modifications. I think it was a dpms. With very little load development it was a .5 moa rifle using berger 52 grain bullets. Since then, I used a bravo company blem upper thermo fitted to a bartlein 6.5 grendel barrel on top of an 80% lower, timney trigger. Again, I found berger bullets made it happy, it shot easily in the .3s on a good day. I always knew before I sat down at the bench if it was or wasn't going to be a good day.
My focus has always been accuracy, so I can't speak to reliability during rapid fire. Fourty rounds in a day is a lot of shooting for me. I have had guys who were amazed that an 80 lower could shoot that well. (Guys who actually witnessed the groups being fired)
I'm convinced proper assembly with a quality barrel and a good trigger, coupled with load development is more important than the name brand on the lower. I favor bravo company uppers because they're slightly undersized and give a nice tight fit to the barrel extension when you freeze the barrel and lightly heat the upper.
[-] The following 1 user Likes tommag's post:

I am thinking about some modern upgrades like a new Streamlight and pressure switch to down size that big honkin' light up front! Keeping the quad though, I like it plus it's the only rifle I have with a quad rail on it!
I build my own "top tier" ARs. That way I know what went into it, who built it and that I can trust my life to it.

Terry
(08-22-2023, 09:15 AM)specops56 Wrote: I build my own "top tier" ARs. That way I know what went into it, who built it and that I can trust my life to it.

Terry

Same.  I only have 1 store bought AR and it is a Bushmaster A1 retro.  It was my first AR (that started the addiction!)

I have a store bought DPMS Panther that was given to me. The rest are parts guns. Tier 1 or who knows doesn't matter. They work for me and with loving attention and work they have all been shooters. I wave North of 35 uppers so from 17-458 I have it covered with wildcats galore. Will my guns last in the battlefield? I hope I never find out. I have stuff that many only dream of yet there are a few out there even I lust over..LOL

Greg
(This post was last modified: 11-27-2023, 06:43 PM by Glshooter.)
[-] The following 2 users Like Glshooter's post: