bringing them back to life

1 Replies, 109 Views

I used to enjoy fixing old guns. Sometimes that would fix other things besides the firearm. A good friend (let's call him Devin) and his anti gun wife (I'll call her Diane) found her dad's old 22 in the barn. It was a Mossberg 351k, under appreciated but a fine old rifle.  I guess it was nostalgia but Diane wanted it brought back to life. It was rusted up externally, but as is common on rimfires because of the lubed bullets the bore was good. Broken firing pin but I was able to find an aftermarket replacement. Anyhow, for $20 I sent him a new firing pin and talked him through the fitting process. Being that he's a farm boy it took very little talking, you know how they are. My redneck bubba check for protrusion was to fire several rounds with welding gloves and a face shield. Examination of the fired cases showed no issues and they all went bang. We got lucky there.
Anyway, Diane is no longer anti gun and is somewhat of a gun nut now. Funny how that came together. Their eldest son now uses it for squirrels.
(This post was last modified: 09-05-2024, 02:03 AM by tommag.)
[-] The following 4 users Like tommag's post:

[Image: lc8CbzK.png]

Terry
[-] The following 3 users Like specops56's post: