dang cel phones

6 Replies, 2108 Views

I currently have a Samsung note 8. I almost never break them as they're usually in the truck or home. A few months ago I broke the screen but it still works ok. Last month I broke the rear glass at the camera aperture. Since my internal storage is full with mostly podcasts, I decided to upgrade to the s23+ with 512mb storage. The pen feature that drew me to the note has been largely unused, so I decided against the s23 ultra. 
Anyhoo, I just ordered my new phone. $1200! Ouch!  I've got a wallet with Velcro closure and it's a proper Scotsman's wallet, it SCREAMS when I open it!
I'm really looking forward to figure out how to operate it😠.
[-] The following 1 user Likes tommag's post:

I hate a new look, new feel, new features of a new device- I like familiar…
[-] The following 3 users Like srjdsmith's post:

(09-21-2023, 06:54 AM)srjdsmith Wrote: I hate a new look, new feel, new features of a new device- I like familiar…

I figure that if you have to completely change your product, it must not have been very good to begin with.

Terry
[-] The following 2 users Like specops56's post:

I’ve got a iPhone 12 Pro Max that works just fine & battery sitting at 87% health. Thinking about upgrading to the iPhone 15 pro for one simple reason, it’s got satellite communication capabilities in a emergency when no cell signal exists

Living where we do & traveling like we do, it’s a routine thing to be outside of any cell coverage for hours on end

Not sure I want to spring for the $1k phone as our iPhones are paid off and don’t have any problems
My last ex-wife has got some kind of Garmin satellite device for emergencies and I think 5 “free” texts/month..not sure of cost, but she tells me you can turn it off and back on when needed for reasonable monthly fee..she kayaks sometimes in areas with no cell service and has been known to get lost..🙄
(09-27-2023, 06:27 AM)Rampy Wrote: I’ve got a iPhone 12 Pro Max that works just fine & battery sitting at 87% health. Thinking about upgrading to the iPhone 15 pro for one simple reason, it’s got satellite communication capabilities in a emergency when no cell signal exists

Living where we do & traveling like we do, it’s a routine thing to be outside of any cell coverage for hours on end

Not sure I want to spring for the $1k phone as our iPhones are paid off and don’t have any problems

Check with your carrier and see what the trade in value on your old phone is...my son just upgraded from his iPhone 12 Pro and got like $900 trade in in from AT&T.  He only owes like $5 extra per month on his bill with the new phone.
[Image: image.php?u=3580&type=sigpic&dateline=1688129445]
(09-27-2023, 09:04 AM)RocketFoot Wrote:
(09-27-2023, 06:27 AM)Rampy Wrote: I’ve got a iPhone 12 Pro Max that works just fine & battery sitting at 87% health. Thinking about upgrading to the iPhone 15 pro for one simple reason, it’s got satellite communication capabilities in a emergency when no cell signal exists

Check with your carrier and see what the trade in value on your old phone is...my son just upgraded from his iPhone 12 Pro and got like $900 trade in in from AT&T.  He only owes like $5 extra per month on his bill with the new phone.

I did check, we have Verizon & they say one thing but reading the fine print we don’t qualify and will pay $27 per month for a 15 and $33 for a 15 pro max

not a fan of Verizon but they have the best coverage here & AT&T/Sprint and the rest don’t have the same level of coverage in smaller rural areas