good morning!

680 Replies, 39328 Views

(06-22-2024, 09:28 AM)tommag Wrote: Good morning.  Airshow here this weekend and next to me is an acre of vacant land, a mile from the runway.  I repositioned my tractor trailer to not block any more of the view than I have to.  It'll be crowded here.
Radio wise, it's field day this weekend so the airwaves will be busy.  I love that!

sounds like a great place to watch the air show from…..

give us a few hours and we shall be there when the sun comes up to camp out on the vacant lot 🤣🤣🤣🤣
[-] The following 2 users Like Rampy's post:

Good morning! 70 this morning on its way to 98 every day for the foreseeable future. The fish fry went well last night, and the cheesecake was among the first to disappear from the dessert table. Guess it must've been good.

It's good to be typing on my laptop keyboard again for the first time in more than a year. Been using a USB keyboard since my onboard keyboard died. Finally replaced the bad board yesterday, and the new one is working great except for my fingers having to adapt from the 'ergonomic' USB board back to the flat laptop keyboard.
[-] The following 1 user Likes olfart's post:

Good Morning AlphaRomeo!

Finally, some relief! It was still 81° @ 1:00am last night with light rain moving in. Woke up this morning to 70° and cloudy with a breeze. The forecast high is 75°, clearing, with lower humidity, and going down to 58° tonight. It's supposed to stay cool and mostly dry all week, and that sounds really good to me!
Good morning everyone. I’m playing hooky from church today- my son is starting his roof project and we’re stripping shingles today. It’ll be pushing 90° for the next couple days… Hoping to be done on Tuesday.
79 at my house. Landscaper was supposed to come yesterday but never showed up. Again.

Flash has his cardiology appointment Thursday. I'll let y'all know how it turns out.

[Image: bPKlPE5.jpg]

Terry
[-] The following 1 user Likes specops56's post:

90* outside and I’m hiding in the basement, don’t have AC and it’s ugly outside & heating up the house

Need to look into the cost of having AC added….
[-] The following 2 users Like Rampy's post:

Hell, I’d go sit in the car until the worst is over..it was plenty hot riding from just north of Dallas to Clayton, NM..started to head to Raton to see if it was snowing (thank you Robert Earl Keen)..
(This post was last modified: 06-23-2024, 05:38 PM by Snake46.)
[-] The following 2 users Like Snake46's post:

(06-23-2024, 05:33 PM)Snake46 Wrote: Hell, I’d go sit in the car until the worst is over..it was plenty hot riding from just north of Dallas to Clayton, NM..started to head to Raton to see if it was snowing (thank you Robert Earl Keen)..

I’ve slept in the car last year, will see how things go this year. Normally only actually need an AC for 4-6 weeks 

after the stroke I am way more sensitive to hot temperatures
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rampy's post:

(06-23-2024, 04:31 PM)Rampy Wrote: 90* outside and I’m hiding in the basement, don’t have AC and it’s ugly outside & heating up the house

Need to look into the cost of having AC added….
I just have a window AC unit I hang in a bedroom window. Normally I don't break it out until the end of July or early August, but this year dictated otherwise. I hate going back and forth from cool dry to hot and muggy, but it's nice to have air to breathe and not sweat while I'm sleeping.
[-] The following 3 users Like Longhair's post:

79 at my house. Picked my first cucumber yesterday to put on my salad for lunch today. Got another one growing that should be ready by the weekend. Got a pepper growing but it still needs a while before picking.

Terry
[-] The following 1 user Likes specops56's post: