good morning!

229 Replies, 6525 Views

Good morning! It's 64 and cloudy today, 30% chance of rain later. We were surprised yesterday when two more baby goats arrived a couple of weeks earlier than I expected. Mom and babies seem to be doing well. The other mom has so much milk (and only one kid) she was leaking milk onto the ground, so I milked her to relieve the pressure. Got nearly a quart and left plenty for the kid. She's going to be an excellent milker.
55, clear and sunny at my house. I plan to work on a couple of radios, clean and organize my work benches, clean and organize my office and make a sweet potato casserole. But, as we all know, no plan ever survives first contact with the enemy! Plus, I have 6 cats so, there's that.

Terry
[-] The following 1 user Likes specops56's post:

57 at my house. Got lazy and didn't get shite done yesterday. Gotta make up for it today. Got another Hamfest to go to Saturday.

Terry
[-] The following 2 users Like specops56's post:

45 with a high of 68 today

Loading pistol mags to hopefully go shooting next couple days. Want to shoot the Staccato C2 and the 642, got a case of 148gr HBWC to shoot up 🤣🤣

Have a funeral next week in Iowa & have to figure things out for that…….
[-] The following 2 users Like Rampy's post:

Good morning, I hope. Running behind today. Been trying to get 2 premature baby goats to drink milk. Too weak to stand up and nurse on mom, so I've moved them into the house and trying to get them to take a bottle. One is looking better, the other not so much.
[-] The following 2 users Like olfart's post:

(04-25-2024, 10:19 AM)olfart Wrote: Good morning, I hope. Running behind today. Been trying to get 2 premature baby goats to drink milk. Too weak to stand up and nurse on mom, so I've moved them into the house and trying to get them to take a bottle. One is looking better, the other not so much.

Seems appropriate for an Old Goat to be raising young goats! Smile Hope your little one gets better!

Terry
[-] The following 3 users Like specops56's post:

(04-25-2024, 11:05 AM)specops56 Wrote:
(04-25-2024, 10:19 AM)olfart Wrote: Good morning, I hope. Running behind today. Been trying to get 2 premature baby goats to drink milk. Too weak to stand up and nurse on mom, so I've moved them into the house and trying to get them to take a bottle. One is looking better, the other not so much.

Seems appropriate for an Old Goat to be raising young goats! Smile Hope your little one gets better!

Terry

Thanks! I need all the help I can get.
63 at my house today. My buddy John is coming over and we're gonna work on this old GE radio:

[Image: Ht5a5fi.jpg]

Gonna have to signal trace it to find out why it has no sound coming out when it should since I already restored the electronics. It's probably going to be something simple that I overlooked. It usually is.

I haven't cleaned and improved the cabinet finish yet.

Terry
(This post was last modified: 04-26-2024, 07:51 AM by specops56.)
[-] The following 2 users Like specops56's post:

Better morning! 69 and windy/muggy here this morning, rain expected a little later. I already fed the little weak goat that's in the dining room, and she's holding her head up a little this morning. That's an improvement. Yesterday she was limp as a dishrag. Her sister was reunited with mom yesterday and spent the night in the pen. She's up and acting like a baby goat today, so maybe she's good to go.

Next up will be to take a dog to the vet for a checkup/shots. She adopted us last week, and I haven't been able to find a home for her. Guess she's ours now.
[-] The following 2 users Like olfart's post:

(04-26-2024, 08:18 AM)olfart Wrote: Better morning! 69 and windy/muggy here this morning, rain expected a little later. I already fed the little weak goat that's in the dining room, and she's holding her head up a little this morning. That's an improvement. Yesterday she was limp as a dishrag. Her sister was reunited with mom yesterday and spent the night in the pen. She's up and acting like a baby goat today, so maybe she's good to go.

Next up will be to take a dog to the vet for a checkup/shots. She adopted us last week, and I haven't been able to find a home for her. Guess she's ours now.
Sounds like the kids will recover, that's good news.  We had a bummer kid that the owners fed with cow's milk, that didn't go well.  We fed it goats milk and he recovered except for being blind.
[-] The following 1 user Likes tommag's post: