good morning!

229 Replies, 6490 Views

70 and overcast at my house. No rain last night. Today remains to be seen.

Terry
[-] The following 1 user Likes specops56's post:

[Image: monday.gif]Good Morning Armory!
It's 55°F and overcast here. Supposed to make it up to 67° and stay dry until evening.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Longhair's post:

Good morning everybody. 40° headed to 55° with 20 mph wind.
[-] The following 1 user Likes tommag's post:

77->85..made my quarterly doc appointment this morning..gave him a chance to shame me for all that I’m not doing right..told him (again) I turn 78 next month and will continue to enjoy life until I check out, and if that’s later today I’m good with that..it’s been a good run and plan to go with a smile on my face..😀
[-] The following 3 users Like Snake46's post:

“Get a lawn chemical company,” they said, “It’ll be fun,” they said.

Well, sure, it’s cheap enough. And there’s no weeds. But with all this rain, cutting grass twice a week is getting ridiculous.
[-] The following 1 user Likes srjdsmith's post:

Flipping insanely windy around here…. I25 closed on and off due to semis blowing over…..42 out with 45-50mph winds gusting to mid 70’s

This was earlier today on I25

[Image: IMG-0655.jpg]

[Image: IMG-0657.jpg]
[-] The following 4 users Like Rampy's post:

The usually west winds on a N/S highway like I-25 are a heck of a hazard for light loads!
[-] The following 2 users Like tommag's post:

66 and wet at my house. We had thunder, lightning and heavy rain all night long. Freaked out the cats and didn't do much to help me sleep either. Going to go pick up the Honda from my mechanic this morning. He had to replace both the ABS pump controller under the hood and the ABS control module under the dash. I got the pump controller off Ebay from the same guy I got the last one. Luckily I already had a spare control module. Labor 175 bucks.
I'll be leaving my Silverado with him to replace the the AC condenser. I should have that back in a couple of days.

Terry.
[-] The following 1 user Likes specops56's post:

Good morning, I hope! 71 here skyrocketing to 88 later today.
Yesterday did not go exactly as planned. When my wife woke up and came into the kitchen, she heard water running in the utility room. It wasn't supposed to be running, and there was no visible leak. Crap! I shut off the water to the house, and the noise stopped. There was some water on the floor of the water heater closet behind the shower, and I figured the shower connections were the most likely source.

As I had an early doctor appointment, we ate breakfast and saved the water problem for later. The doctor visit went slowly but OK. She lanced a ganglion cyst on my finger and told me she'd refer me to a dermatologist for the scab on my ear that won't heal. Then the usual blood draw for tests.

After a stop at the hardware store to pickup what I anticipated needing for the plumbing repair, I came home and started trying to get my fat ass into the water heater closet. The sheetrock would have to be removed to get at the back of the shower wall. A very frustrating hour or so later, I was no closer to getting past the pipes and water heater, so I broke down and started calling plumbers. Their estimated arrivals ranged from three days to two weeks later. Then I contacted a friend who is a plumber currently on a job in Nashville, and he referred me to a friend of his in Texarkana. He said he could be here in a couple of hours.

To shorten an already too long story, this kid snaked his way through the maze in the water heater closet and removed the sheetrock, only to find no leak there. Hmmm... So he went under the house, where he found a PB pipe spraying water under the utility room. He fixed that in about 20 minutes and saved the day. The kid impressed me so much I told him I'd hire him to re-route the maze in the water heater closet so I can get in there. Heckuva deal, as he's out of work, and that's a worthy project for both of us.
[-] The following 3 users Like olfart's post:

Good Morning!
52°F on its way up to 72°F here, with rain coming this afternoon. Heading out for a chiropractor appointment shortly.

I was forced to retire last September due to an injury. I literally wore out my back and was told that if I quit now, I could probably avoid surgery. That sounded like the way to go, so now I make weekly trips to the chiropractor to keep me vertical and pain free for the most part. So far so good. I'm still learning to deal with not working, but I've got so many things to do around here that I let slide that I stay pretty busy, and that helps.
[-] The following 3 users Like Longhair's post: