good morning!

229 Replies, 6512 Views

Good morning! 62 here this morning, but summer encroaches this afternoon with 88 for a high. 90% chance for rain tomorrow, and lesser amounts through the weekend....
Good morning! I lost electricity this morning. Circuit breakers ok, went out to the main panel on the well house, they weren't tripped. There was no power coming into the well house. I was digging the generator out when the power came back on. That made me think (I'm exhausted), I have a jug of non alcohol gas that's about 5 years old. What do I do with that? Maybe put a gallon in the pickup every fill-up?
[-] The following 1 user Likes tommag's post:

Well, my mechanic is going to be out of town the next 2 days so I'll have to wait until Friday to bring him the part. It's always something.

Terry
[-] The following 1 user Likes specops56's post:

(05-01-2024, 11:16 AM)tommag Wrote: Good morning!  I lost electricity this morning.  Circuit breakers ok, went out to the main panel on the well house, they weren't tripped.  There was no power coming into the well house.  I was digging the generator out when the power came back on.  That made me think (I'm exhausted), I have a jug of non alcohol gas that's about 5 years old.  What do I do with that?  Maybe put a gallon in the pickup every fill-up?

Did you put any preservative in it when you bought it? If so, it might still be good enough to use in the generator or mower.
(05-01-2024, 01:43 PM)olfart Wrote:
(05-01-2024, 11:16 AM)tommag Wrote: Good morning!  I lost electricity this morning.  Circuit breakers ok, went out to the main panel on the well house, they weren't tripped.  There was no power coming into the well house.  I was digging the generator out when the power came back on.  That made me think (I'm exhausted), I have a jug of non alcohol gas that's about 5 years old.  What do I do with that?  Maybe put a gallon in the pickup every fill-up?

Did you put any preservative in it when you bought it? If so, it might still be good enough to use in the generator or mower.
No, I didn't put any preservatives in it.  Im thinking just add it to new gas and the dilution will make it ok.
[-] The following 1 user Likes tommag's post:

I got a call on the local repeater today from k7orl asking if he and kj7ork could come over to work on my antenna. It went from good Saturday night to way out of whack Sunday morning. The swr was between 4:1 and 10:1 on all bands. Kj7ork did most of the work. (I've gone from somewhat capable to nearly useless in the past year.). Anyway, the 90° connector had managed to loosen at the feed point. Problem solved, it's below 2:1 on all bands again!
While taking it down is a 2 man job even when I was better, I don't like to impose on others for help. I guess I'll have to get used to that. It's nice to have friends. I've found the hams in our area to be very willing to help out, pretty much a fraternal bunch. I suspect that is the case in other areas as well.
[-] The following 3 users Like tommag's post:

I know where you're coming from. The water tower I built 25 years ago needed work, and I found I can't climb 24' and get inside the tank anymore. A friend from church came over and did the work for me. Can't beat good friends!
[-] The following 1 user Likes olfart's post:

Good morning! 69 here this morning with rain likely all day, keeping the temp down to 77 for a high.
[-] The following 1 user Likes olfart's post:

66 at my house. I just received FedEx delivery yesterday of a 1951 RCA AM/FM tube radio I ordered from the Goodwill auction site. Here’s what it looks like:

[Image: 24QAvhH.jpg]

[Image: N1mkDSn.jpg]

[Image: 6vxr5O1.jpg]

[Image: qCOrXGt.jpg]

[Image: gCfwmLP.jpg]

This is what happens to a bakelite radio cabinet when you don’t pack it properly. I don’t blame FedEx because there was no damage to the box. This was a result of poor packing that couldn’t even stand up to normal handling. I was going to restore it but now it’s just a parts bin. I filed a CS ticket with GW demanding a full refund. Waiting to hear back.

Terry
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2024, 08:24 AM by specops56.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes specops56's post:

Good rainy morning! It's 68 en route to 78 here today. Rain tapering off this morning to a mostly sunny day.