good morning!

680 Replies, 39219 Views

72, Bright and shiny at my house. Gonna look through some of my MREs to find the oldest one I have for test & review.

Terry
[-] The following 2 users Like specops56's post:

Went down to 45° last night, but with pretty clear skies it's supposed to top out around 72° this afternoon.

The truck I looked at yesterday is pretty nice. It needs a little work, but the biggest most immediate expense would be tires. It's still in the running, but I'm hoping to look at another one today that I'm actually a little more excited about.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Longhair's post:

Pumpkinhead update:

These are the tests they’re going to do on her tomorrow and what it’s going to cost us:

[Image: 4YuZOFD.jpg]

Anybody want to buy some guns? Ammo? Antique radios? HAM radios? A lung?

Terry
[-] The following 1 user Likes specops56's post:

(06-11-2024, 01:41 PM)specops56 Wrote: Pumpkinhead update:

These are the tests they’re going to do on her tomorrow and what it’s going to cost us:

[Image: 4YuZOFD.jpg]

Anybody want to buy some guns? Ammo? Antique radios? HAM radios? A lung?

Terry
Dang! Now you won't be able to feed the cat.
[-] The following 1 user Likes tommag's post:

Flash update:

Got the lab report back on the lymphatic fluid in his lungs. The good news is that there was no infection and no cancer cells. They can’t 100% rule out cancer yet but it seems unlikely. Bad news is they still don’t know the actual cause yet. Could be heart disease or something pressing on his lymphatic tube or some kind of hernia. Going to be taking him to the same place as Pumpkinhead for a cardiology consult to, hopefully, rule out the heart. I’ll keep y’all updated.

Terry

Picked up some pimento cheese in a Publix and yummmmmmmmmm

They can cook in da south
[-] The following 2 users Like Rampy's post:

70, sunny and headed for 90 at my house today. I should know more abut Pumpkinhead this afternoon. Although I'll have to wait for the results of the GI panel. It seems the only lab in the country that does that specific panel is Texas A&M.

Terry

Good morning! Looks like the last of our cool days here for a while. 64 here headed for 89. Looks like a few days of 96 - 98 coming up. Ugh!
[-] The following 1 user Likes olfart's post:

Good Morning AlphaRomeo!
A nice cool 59° with high clouds this morning, warming quickly toward the mid 80s.

Well, I bought the truck I looked at yesterday. It's a really nice little '01 S-10 ZR2 extended cab 4X4. The owner is a retiree who used it as a daily driver until he retired when he contracted colon cancer in 2017 which he obviously beat. Since then, they started doing the snowbird thing, and the truck sat nestled in his heated garage over the winter while they were in Florida. It's been well maintained, with oil changes religiously every 3K miles. Mechanically the only thing it needs is a blower motor resister that I can get @ AutoZone for about $20. It's got the same motor as the van I've been driving, so fuel economy will be about the same, and I can live with that easier than the 2500HD I was considering that only gets 13MPG. It was also $1500 cheaper to buy than the big truck, and it has fewer miles on it. The tires on it have at least another year or two left in 'em, compared to the big truck that would need new rubber before winter.
I'm going to pick it up this afternoon, and I'll post pics tomorrow.
[-] The following 4 users Like Longhair's post:

Pumkinhead update:

The good news is the ultrasound showed no sign of cancer. The bad news is that her intestines are too thick. Because of the thickness she is not able to absorb most of the nutrition from her food. Still don’t know the definitive cause. It could be an infection or something more serious. Won’t know more until the GI lab results come back from Texas in about a week. For the final answer they will probably need to biopsy her but did not want to do that until the they have the lab results. They have put her on antibiotics to see if that will help in case it is an infection. They decided not to do one of the tests they were originally were going to. So instead of the original 1111 bucks it only cost me 866. I’ll keep y’all updated.

Terry
[-] The following 3 users Like specops56's post: