good morning!

680 Replies, 38434 Views

Stayed in Alamogordo the past Saturday night as we worked our way back home on the 9 day Spyder ride through NM. Ut & AZ..didn’t find much to recommend..
[-] The following 1 user Likes Snake46's post:

Elon Musk announced the next SpaceX launch from Boco Chica is in 5 weeks…..

Ugh……and I really want to see a launch

https://www.facebook.com/share/v/cm4hvKP...tid=K35XfP
(This post was last modified: 07-06-2024, 03:08 PM by Rampy.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rampy's post:

==
[-] The following 2 users Like Rampy's post:

81 at my house. We finally got some rain last night so my garden is happy. But, my cucumber plant seems to be dying and I'm not sure why. At least I've picked 3 cukes off it so far so it's trying.

Terry
[-] The following 1 user Likes specops56's post:

It’s 66* out & sitting in the fraptor waiting on the wife while she goes shopping. High low 70’s & possible thunderstorms

Breakfast was quite tasty, was definitely a dive joint
[-] The following 2 users Like Rampy's post:

Good Afternoon AlphaRomeo!

61° when I got up this morning. It's up to 80° now with a few scattered high clouds. I'm hoping it will dry out a little more so I can mow before tomorrow afternoon's showers.
Yesterday I went and worked on three big Warmblood horses, then came home and pulled the wiper motor out of the truck, fixed it, and put it back in. Those wiper motors have a known problem with cold solder connections on their PC boards. When the wipers stop working you pull the motors out and pop the cover, touch all the connections that aren't shiny with a soldering gun and put them back together. I think this is the third one I've done it to, and they all worked like a charm after the fix. Three bolts to pull the motor, and three screws to remove the cover over the PC board. Whole process generally takes less than an hour, and it beats the hell out of spending $ on a replacement that will eventually do the same thing.
[-] The following 2 users Like Longhair's post:

72 here with a predicted high of 81 and 7.3" of rain. We need the rain, but I'd like it spread our over a couple of days. 7" in one dump may drown my garden.
[-] The following 1 user Likes olfart's post:

77 at my house. That's outside. Inside was 81 before I turned on the AC. Our AC is 21 years old and on it's last legs so I just run the ceiling fans at bedtime to try to make it last as long as possible. Plus, I can't afford to run it anymore than I have to.

Terry
[-] The following 2 users Like specops56's post:

(07-08-2024, 07:53 AM)olfart Wrote: 72 here with a predicted high of 81 and 7.3" of rain. We need the rain, but I'd like it spread our over a couple of days. 7"  in one dump may drown my garden.
I hope y'all down there in Texas don't get washed away by that storm!  At least you're not on the coast! 

It's a hazy 68° this morning, heading quickly to the upper 80s. I hope we get a decent breeze to make it bearable, because it's going to be a muggy one and I don't want to spend the whole afternoon inside.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Longhair's post:

(07-08-2024, 09:15 AM)specops56 Wrote: 77 at my house. That's outside. Inside was 81 before I turned on the AC. Our AC is 21 years old and on it's last legs so I just run the ceiling fans at bedtime to try to make it last as long as possible. Plus, I can't afford to run it anymore than I have to.

Terry

Wife wants to get a central air conditioner but I’m concerned about h how much it costs & then to run it…

im more about one of those portable AC units ya can wheel into the bedroom