good morning!

680 Replies, 37828 Views

It's 84° headed to 102° today. The humidity is only 25%, thankfully.
I let my hair get shaggy and I got it cut today. Boy oh boy, that feels much better!
[-] The following 1 user Likes tommag's post:

66 again here this morning on its way to 91. No more rain until the weekend, but I think Monday's 6.2" will hold us until then. Glad to say my garden survived the rain dump.
[-] The following 1 user Likes olfart's post:

83 and no rain in sight for today at my house. My mechanic is coming to my house this afternoon to replace the belts on the wife's Honda. That saves me a tow and having to take it to a local place I'm not that trusting of.

Terry
Good Morning AlphaRomeo!

66° and soggy here, with the tail end of the hurricane parked over us. It started raining yesterday and hasn't stopped for more than a few minutes since then. More rain falling until after sunset today is adding to the flooding we're already experiencing. I haven't checked yet, but I'd bet there is water over the road just south of my place, which is something that usually only happens in springtime when we get rain on top of snow melt with ground that's still frozen.
[-] The following 2 users Like Longhair's post:

My mechanic came over to my house and replaced the belts on my wife's Honda. He just left a little while ago. He only charged me $225.00. I didn’t feel right letting him go that cheap so I gave him a 1 ounce silver bar for a tip. He never does service calls anymore but he did this one for me. With all the car repairs he's done for us over the years I think I fully funded his retirement fund.

Terry
[-] The following 4 users Like specops56's post:

(07-10-2024, 04:12 PM)specops56 Wrote: My mechanic came over to my house and replaced the belts on my wife's Honda. He just left a little while ago. He only charged me $225.00. I didn’t feel right letting him go that cheap so I gave him a 1 ounce silver bar for a tip. He never does service calls anymore but he did this one for me. With all the car repairs he's done for us over the years I think I fully funded his retirement fund.

Terry

Very cool of him to make the house call & the silver tip is a great idea 

Have you ever tried Horse Soldier bourbon?? Local liquor store is having a tasting the 23rd but that’s when the rodeo is in town & fighting the drunk cowboys and posers for a tasting turns me off…..[Image: IMG-2207.jpg]
(07-10-2024, 07:44 PM)Rampy Wrote:
(07-10-2024, 04:12 PM)specops56 Wrote: My mechanic came over to my house and replaced the belts on my wife's Honda. He just left a little while ago. He only charged me $225.00. I didn’t feel right letting him go that cheap so I gave him a 1 ounce silver bar for a tip. He never does service calls anymore but he did this one for me. With all the car repairs he's done for us over the years I think I fully funded his retirement fund.

Terry

Have you ever tried Horse Soldier bourbon?? Local liquor store is having a tasting the 23rd but that’s when the rodeo is in town & fighting the drunk cowboys and posers for a tasting turns me off…..[Image: IMG-2207.jpg]

I haven't seen that one around here. I'll keep my eyes open for it. I'm going tomorrow to check out a new liqueur store that just opened near me. Maybe they'll have it.

Terry
[-] The following 2 users Like specops56's post:

(07-10-2024, 07:54 PM)specops56 Wrote:

Terry

I haven't seen that one around here. I'll keep my eyes open for it. I'm going tomorrow to check out a new liqueur store that just opened near me. Maybe they'll have it.

Terry

They have a great story behind them, ive never tried it before, wonder what the class 6 has in stock….been years since I’ve stopped into the class 6 

https://horsesoldierbourbon.com/pages/our-story
(07-10-2024, 08:56 PM)Rampy Wrote:
(07-10-2024, 07:54 PM)specops56 Wrote:

Terry

Terry

They have a great story behind them, ive never tried it before, wonder what the class 6 has in stock….been years since I’ve stopped into the class 6 

https://horsesoldierbourbon.com/pages/our-story

Cool story. That bourbon sounds right up my alley for a review. Unfortunately. as usual, it's not available in SC. If I ever run across it I'll review it.

Terry
[-] The following 1 user Likes specops56's post:

Well, it looks like we're not done with the wife's Honda. Now. when the belts a re turning there is a loud tapping sound. I think the tensioner my be worn out. I'm bringing it to myy mechanic Monday for replacement if that's what it is.

Terry
[-] The following 1 user Likes specops56's post: