good morning!

680 Replies, 38664 Views

Good morning! Currently 54° with 48% humidity. High forecast of 85° today, Beautiful weather today!
Going out to charge the batteries on the Freightliner so I can figure out which one is dragging the others down. I'm planning to go to work next weekend, a little income would be a welcome addition. The reefer unit lost ts refrigerant as well as the AC in the truck. Probably have dried seals in the compressors after sitting idle for six months.
Good morning. Ok, I’ll admit it; I love watching the Olympics. I never watch TV- unless I sit down and my wife has something already on. But every two years I’m glued to the TV (especially winter- but both). I love watching sports you never see otherwise; badminton, fencing, trap, archery, shot put…

But the opening ‘ceremony’ was a complete mockery. Yes, they mocked Christianity, but they insulted the whole world. Since when do they not have former athletes carry the torch in? A fashion show? What does a drag queen fashion show have to do with sports?

I’ll watch the sports, but I’ll be glad to miss the closing ceremony- not giving France another opportunity to insult me…
[-] The following 2 users Like srjdsmith's post:

Not all the alternative lifestyle folks are flamboyant, (Sorceress was open but didn't flaunt it at the armory. I liked her.) but it does seem that many have to infiltrate every tradition in an effort to show us they belong. I'm thinking YMCA,boy scouts, kindergarten, etc. Years ago. Michael Medved said " It's gone from the love that dares not speak it's name to the love that won't shut the hell up."
They can strut around and feel powerful but in the long run I think acceptance will go down, kinda like open carry at the State capitol building protest.
I just saw this. Mocking the last supper, disgraceful!
https://www.foxnews.com/media/olympics-o...etely-woke
(This post was last modified: 07-27-2024, 10:11 AM by tommag.)
[-] The following 2 users Like tommag's post:

(07-27-2024, 09:31 AM)srjdsmith Wrote: Good morning. Ok, I’ll admit it; I love watching the Olympics. I never watch TV- unless I sit down and my wife has something already on. But every two years I’m glued to the TV (especially winter- but both). I love watching sports you never see otherwise; badminton, fencing, trap, archery, shot put…

But the opening ‘ceremony’ was a complete mockery. Yes, they mocked Christianity, but they insulted the whole world. Since when do they not have former athletes carry the torch in? A fashion show? What does a drag queen fashion show have to do with sports?

I’ll watch the sports, but I’ll be glad to miss the closing ceremony- not giving France another opportunity to insult me…

watching any of the Olympics gives credibility to the perverted garbage and makes them more in your face 

especially after the revolting last supper mockery 

they can kiss my ass, refusing to watch any of it
[-] The following 2 users Like Rampy's post:

(07-27-2024, 10:02 AM)tommag Wrote: Not all the alternative lifestyle folks are flamboyant, (Sorceress was open but didn't flaunt it at the armory. I liked her.) but it does seem that many have to infiltrate every tradition in an effort to show us they belong.  I'm thinking YMCA,boy scouts, kindergarten, etc.  Years ago. Michael Medved  said " It's gone from the love that dares not speak it's name to the love that won't shut the hell up."
They can strut around and feel powerful but in the long run I think acceptance will go down, kinda like open carry at the State capitol building protest.
I just saw this. Mocking the last supper, disgraceful!
https://www.foxnews.com/media/olympics-o...etely-woke

Thays why they can kiss my ass I was getting peacock for $3.00 a month and cancelled it as it’s in yore face
[-] The following 2 users Like Rampy's post:

I got the batteries fully charged and unhooked them.  In the process I find one of my 150 amp circuit breakers broken and the contacts rusted.  I have breakers at the batteries, both power and ground for my inverter and radios.
On Amazon I'm ready to order replacements but read reviews on several of them. One negative mentioned on a couple of them stated "failed in the closed position"  That certainly doesn't pr[Image: IMG-20240727-132839.jpg]ovide any protection!  Anyway, I looked around for recognized names and found some from Bussmann.  Twice the price, but I think it's worth it!  Everything I found from Siemans or Square D was for 120/240.  If Square D offered 12-42v breakers I would've bought them.  It's uncommon to survive an electrical fire in the cab when you're sleeping in the bunk, the plastic smoke overpowers you quickly.
(This post was last modified: 07-27-2024, 04:29 PM by tommag.)
[-] The following 2 users Like tommag's post:

Today is the first day under 100* in the last forty days. Highest was 118*. I poured a yard of concrete today for a new building. I am adding onto an existing slab and making a barn to store the tractor that will be used for horse shoeing and washing animals as well.
I needed .81 of a yard of concrete and got one of the portable mixer trailers with one yard in it from the local landscape place. My slab is 17'x4'x 4" thick. Needless to say they shorted me concrete. I had to slope the slab off to one side as it was a full 1/2" low. I did the math and a 6" deep form with one yard of product would have come out 1/2" short. By my numbers I got .70 of a yard. I gave the place I bought the concrete from a piece of my mind. The guy tried to blame it on me for having it deeper than 4". I showed him pictures of the forms and prepared surface.....it was 4" thick in the deepest areas and 3.5" around three sides at the forms. He continued with giving me the runaround and I just looked at him and told him my shit was right and there is no way I received a yard of concrete.

We are buried in smoke right now and there are fire attack planes going over my house at the rate of three a minute, five minute break and then three more. I think there are 10 planes working this fire . This fire (park fire) started in Chico and has burned three counties north and is now east of me. It is heading for our logging site and we got all the equipment out in the last two days (3 million dollars worth of equipment). We never had fires make these huge runs before.....this is new to the last 5-7 years where these fires are allowed to run long distances. The Dixie fire, this Park fire,, and a bunch more have been allowed to burn or not stopped properly.....fires are big business in the north state and I think fire fighting practices in the last 15 years have changed for the worse that allows fires to run....
Well, Tow truck, I can't like your post so I'll just say That sux!
(07-27-2024, 05:36 PM)Towtruck Wrote: Today is the first day under 100* in the last forty days. Highest was 118*. I poured a yard of concrete today for a new building. I am adding onto an existing slab and making a barn to store the tractor that will be used for horse shoeing and washing animals as well.
I needed .81 of a yard of concrete and got one of the portable mixer trailers with one yard in it from the local landscape place. My slab is 17'x4'x 4" thick. Needless to say they shorted me concrete. I had to slope the slab off to one side as it was a full 1/2" low. I did the math and a 6" deep form with one yard of product would have come out 1/2" short.  By my numbers I got .70 of a yard. I gave the place I bought the concrete from a piece of my mind. The guy tried to blame it on me for having it deeper than 4". I showed him pictures of the forms and prepared surface.....it was 4" thick in the deepest areas and 3.5" around three sides at the forms. He continued with giving me the runaround and I just looked at him and told him my shit was right and there is no way I received a yard of concrete.

We are buried in smoke right now and there are fire attack planes going over my house at the rate of three a minute, five minute break and then three more. I think there are 10 planes working this fire .  This fire (park fire) started in Chico and has burned three counties north and is now east of  me. It is heading for our logging site and we got all the equipment out in the last two days (3 million dollars worth of equipment).  We  never had fires make these huge runs before.....this is new to the last 5-7 years where these fires are allowed to run long distances. The Dixie fire, this Park fire,, and a bunch more have been allowed to burn or not stopped properly.....fires are big business in the north state and I think fire fighting practices in the last 15 years have changed for the worse that allows fires to run....

That stinks about being shorted the concrete….

i saw where a firefighter helicopter crashed killing a couple civilian employees 😞

Yep the tree huggers has forced changes to wildland burns where instead of being proactive and cleaning/burning areas nothing is done from what I’ve been told
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rampy's post:

I just read that the guy from Chico that started the fire pushed a burning car into a ravine. WTF?!!