good morning!

680 Replies, 39292 Views

73 and a little soggy. Rained a little for a short while yesterday. Supposed to have moderate rain today.

Terry
[-] The following 1 user Likes specops56's post:

75 and damp at my house. Debby is on her way north. Maybe now my lawn will dry out so I can bushwhack it over the weekend.

Terry

63° and sunny in Eastern Iowa. I’ve got a few more days to get summer jobs done before school starts again.
[-] The following 1 user Likes srjdsmith's post:

Good morning. I've recently developed a new respect for diamond sharpening stones, much quicker than oil stones. I've sharpened my 5 kitchen knives to a razor edge then finished them on a strop, 5,000 and 8,000 grit. Same treatment for my pocket knives, What a joy to use! From what I read, the final polishing removes the microscopic toothy edge, making them stay sharper longer.
[-] The following 2 users Like tommag's post:

77 at my house with more rain expected by the afternoon.

Terry

70 here this morning with a slight chance of rain. How slight? Predicting .05" if it doesn't evaporate before it gets to the ground.
81 with 84 % humidity at my house. 43% Chance of more rain by the afternoon. By the time it's stops raining long enough for me to mow the lawn I'll need a native guide!

Terry
75, 93% humidity and 53% chance of rain by the afternoon at my house. Again.

Terry
70 and muggy here with a high of 99 and "real feel" of 110. Looks like a good day to stay in the house.
[-] The following 1 user Likes olfart's post:

Well, friends, today and tomorrow. That’s it. In-service starts on Thursday and a few days later there’ll be a passel of hormone-crazed sixth-graders in my classroom for the next 180 days. If you don’t hear from me, send help.
[-] The following 3 users Like srjdsmith's post: