magazine carriers

12 Replies, 1190 Views

All of my ar focus has been accuracy and range shooting.  I got to thinking about a vest to carry several mags. I'd be laughed off the range if I showed up with one, but thought having a grab and go setup has entered my mind. I'm too fat for a belt and figured a vest would work for me. I doubt I'd ever have a need for one and if I did, I'd probably not last long enough to use many mags, but I'd still like to have one. Any ideas?
[-] The following 1 user Likes tommag's post:

Sounds exactly like why I bought one..Condor Recon chest rig, $44.95 on Amazon..
[-] The following 2 users Like Snake46's post:

Last time I prepared for a mess was y2k. I didn't figure the world would come to a standstill,  but there were a few shenanigans in 1999 that made me think the black pajama bunch might take advantage of any disruption.  My ex wife sewed two 12 gauge  bandolleirs. Our gasoline,  and food bills were extremely low in 2000. I was given a 300 gallon tank for free and built a lean-to on the barn to house it. Turned out to be a nothing burger, thankfully.
That was the first new years party that didn't involve drinks or early bed time. We spent that new years eve listening to the scanner.
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2023, 12:05 PM by tommag.)

Tactical Tailor MAV cumberbund and throw on one of their three mag carriers, that you can then attach pistol mags to if you want (front of the rifle mag carrier also has PALS webbing)
[-] The following 1 user Likes hkriflenut_aka_sasquatch's post:

(12-03-2023, 02:06 PM)hkriflenut_aka_sasquatch Wrote: Tactical Tailor MAV cumberbund and throw on one of their three mag carriers, that you can then attach pistol mags to if you want (front of the rifle mag carrier also has PALS webbing)
A little more money, but I really like the center buckles and versatility of MOLLE attachments!
Unfortunately, everything is out of stock.

(12-16-2023, 10:32 PM)tommag Wrote:
(12-03-2023, 02:06 PM)hkriflenut_aka_sasquatch Wrote: Tactical Tailor MAV cumberbund and throw on one of their three mag carriers, that you can then attach pistol mags to if you want (front of the rifle mag carrier also has PALS webbing)
A little more money, but I really like the center buckles and versatility of MOLLE attachments!
Unfortunately, everything is out of stock.

Blue Force Gear has several expensive ones 
I’ve been told this one is a good to go and the price is not bad 

https://www.blueforcegear.com/ten-speed-...olier.html
[-] The following 2 users Like Rampy's post:

Since I already have this, I've decided to add a 3 mag velcro pouch to the interior compartment. 2 mags will easily fit in one of the side pouches.
https://www.vanquest.com/products/mobius-2-0-sling-bag/
It's already setup with g17, spare mag, 1st aid and trauma kit. Diamond stone, knife, flashlights, etc.
[-] The following 2 users Like tommag's post:

[Image: IMG-7543.jpg]
[Image: IMG-7544.jpg]