Dang thieves!

12 Replies, 1622 Views

Got a call from a colleague last week. He said both my doors on my 98 chevy pickup were ajar. He closed and locked them.
Got back Wednesday night and couldn't get my door key in farther than 1/4". Unlocked the passenger door and they tore up my ignition lock. Not much left to steal, but they thoroughly tossed all the contents for something to steal. Two bags of charcoal and spices exposed to the rain. Maybe a 3/4" socket set stolen, I'll check it in the morning.
What a mess!  At best, I'll lose a day replacing locks Thursday instead of working on my freightliner.
The good thing is.... I didn't catch him in the act. Even if cleared, the cost of defending myself would be far higher than the value of my pickup.
I immensely dislike thieves!
[-] The following 4 users Like tommag's post:

Vehicle break ins have become epidemic around here. I think the only reason my 99 Chevy Silverado hasn't been touch yet is because it looks like crap. The clear coat and paint have faded down to the primer. I can't find a body shop that will paint it. They're all making too much money on collision damege now and won't take the time for a full body paint job. Looks like I'm gonna have to rattle can it with some Rustoleum just to give it some temporary rust protection. It'll look like crap but then it already does!

Terry.
[-] The following 3 users Like specops56's post:

Sorry. That sucks.
[-] The following 2 users Like srjdsmith's post:

Got new door locks and ignition lock from Napa. Started to replace ignition lock and it'll take more than that. Broken wire terminals and melted wiring. Found a steering column 100 miles away. It'll get shipped here next week and hopefully the weather will still be good when I get back from Chicago. This is twice in a year, last time only had to replace the ignition lock cylinder. Watching YouTube videos to try and get the process firm in my head. I wish they'd have triggered the air bag! (Cameras showed there were 2 dirtbags).
Aside from the mess they made, they stole my 3/4 drive socket set and my completely worn out Walmart tennis shoes.
When I get it running, I'm going to take it home and just live with bobtailing or Uber on the west side.
Good grief, that really sucks

I’ve been reading where in some city’s locals don’t lock the vehicle at all & even leave all windows down so thieves see nothing to steal but even then at times vehicles are vandalized
(12-21-2023, 08:51 AM)specops56 Wrote: Vehicle break ins have become epidemic around here. I think the only reason my 99 Chevy Silverado hasn't been touch yet is because it looks like crap. The clear coat and paint have faded down to the primer. I can't find a body shop that will paint it. They're all making too much money on collision damege now and won't take the time for a full body paint job. Looks like I'm gonna have to rattle can it with some Rustoleum just to give it some temporary rust protection. It'll look like crap but then it already does!

Terry.

You should put lots of BLM stickers on it along with pro Biden/obama stickers 🤣🤣🤣🤣
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rampy's post:

(12-22-2023, 01:23 AM)Rampy Wrote:
(12-21-2023, 08:51 AM)specops56 Wrote: Vehicle break ins have become epidemic around here. I think the only reason my 99 Chevy Silverado hasn't been touch yet is because it looks like crap. The clear coat and paint have faded down to the primer. I can't find a body shop that will paint it. They're all making too much money on collision damege now and won't take the time for a full body paint job. Looks like I'm gonna have to rattle can it with some Rustoleum just to give it some temporary rust protection. It'll look like crap but then it already does!

Terry.

You should put lots of BLM stickers on it along with pro Biden/obama stickers 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I'd help them steal it before I'd do that!

Terry
[-] The following 2 users Like specops56's post:

(12-22-2023, 01:21 AM)Rampy Wrote: Good grief, that really sucks

I’ve been reading where in some city’s locals don’t lock the vehicle at all & even leave all windows down so thieves see nothing to steal but even then at times vehicles are vandalized

We're living in stupid times when good people have to go to great lengths to avoid victimization while the DA's coddle real criminals, criminalize defense, and degenerate nonsense is the norm.

I hope the pendulum swings back so far the other way that vigilantism is at least tolerated, if not outright made lawful again. The police in so many jurisdictions are afraid to do their job, or they've been handicapped thru policy, law, and the fear of being prosecuted that they're powerless to stop crime. I wouldn't mind seeing bands of vigilantes out on the streets busting the heads of thieves, rapists, pimps, robbers, and burglars. Honestly I think its all part of the controlled demolition of our Republic. The string pullers are bringing in hordes of illegals to be the foot soldiers in their perverted revolution.
[-] The following 3 users Like hkriflenut_aka_sasquatch's post:

(12-24-2023, 08:46 PM)hkriflenut_aka_sasquatch Wrote:

We're living in stupid times when good people have to go to great lengths to avoid victimization while the DA's coddle real criminals, criminalize defense, and degenerate nonsense is the norm.

I hope the pendulum swings back so far the other way that vigilantism is at least tolerated, if not outright made lawful again. The police in so many jurisdictions are afraid to do their job, or they've been handicapped thru policy, law, and the fear of being prosecuted that they're powerless to stop crime. I wouldn't mind seeing bands of vigilantes out on the streets busting the heads of thieves, rapists, pimps, robbers, and burglars. Honestly I think its all part of the controlled demolition of our Republic. The string pullers are bringing in hordes of illegals to be the foot soldiers in their perverted revolution.

Criminals are protected by the government & any vigilante action will be dealt with the full force of the law………

Meningitis, mersa and measles are tearing up northern Colorado currently along with syphilis  and TB for some reason & people are wondering why after dark criminals are stealing anything not nailed down & even taking trailers & generators chained up and people in the more rural areas are armed & saying they will shoot on sight any thief….

Even in town people are putting up tons of cameras and going armed as the homeless are really bold getting up in peoples faces demanding money and food & just harassing people sometimes in their yards……

Colorado is enabling these criminal aliens while Wyoming is going the way of vigilantism & it’s going to be ugly when it boils over……
[-] The following 2 users Like Rampy's post:

(12-24-2023, 10:48 PM)Rampy Wrote:
(12-24-2023, 08:46 PM)hkriflenut_aka_sasquatch Wrote:

Criminals are protected by the government & any vigilante action will be dealt with the full force of the law………

Meningitis, mersa and measles are tearing up northern Colorado currently along with syphilis  and TB for some reason & people are wondering why after dark criminals are stealing anything not nailed down & even taking trailers & generators chained up and people in the more rural areas are armed & saying they will shoot on sight any thief….

Even in town people are putting up tons of cameras and going armed as the homeless are really bold getting up in peoples faces demanding money and food & just harassing people sometimes in their yards……

Colorado is enabling these criminal aliens while Wyoming is going the way of vigilantism & it’s going to be ugly when it boils over……
It's all those cameras that help keep me in check, along with morality concerns. I'm pretty sure that gunshots and a body or two would have the authorities poring over footage much more carefully than stolen vehicle reports.
I don't blame the cops, but rather the da s and judges. Washington now has the lowest per Capita rate of police in the nation. I'm guessing most who are still on the job are keeping as low a profile as possible until they qualify for retirement.
[-] The following 2 users Like tommag's post: