good morning!

680 Replies, 37776 Views

Good morning! 63 and froggy here, on its way to 83. I put a new SSD in my laptop yesterday, and I'm finally back to a semblance of normal (whatever that is).
[-] The following 2 users Like olfart's post:

61 and lots of sun at my house. Woke up with my entire lower back stiff and painful for some unknown reason. Must've slept in a bad position or something. Could barely stand up. Hurts to stand, walk and even sit. Hurts less to sit. I was planning to work on my garden this morning but that's out. Maybe in the afternoon. Getting old sucks. Being old sucks even more!

Terry
[-] The following 2 users Like specops56's post:

Good Morning AlphaRomeo!
56° and hazy here, on its way into the upper 70s before cooling down ahead of another storm this evening.

(06-01-2024, 08:26 AM)specops56 Wrote: 61 and lots of sun at my house. Woke up with my entire lower back stiff and painful for some unknown reason. Must've slept in a bad position or something. Could barely stand up. Hurts to stand, walk and even sit. Hurts less to sit. I was planning to work on my garden this morning but that's out. Maybe in the afternoon. Getting old sucks. Being old sucks even more!

Terry
I slept really hard last night and woke up an hour later than normal, feeling unusually good. I hope it's not a bad sign (they always run best before they blow).
When I was forced to retire last fall, it was because I tweaked something in the small of my back. I couldn't stand up straight, lay in a bed, or walk very well. I spent two weeks sleeping in a chair because sitting was the only position I could tolerate for more than a minute. Degenerative disk disease, narrowed disks, and remodeled bone (cupped vertebrae) finally added up to not enough room for nerves, so a minor rotation put a major pinch on one. Doc said that if I quit, I should be able to avoid surgery.

Getting old doesn't suck....I wish that I'd got old 30 years ago. What sucks is everything wearing out, so it doesn't work right anymore.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Longhair's post:

[/quote]
Getting old doesn't suck....I wish that I'd got old 30 years ago. What sucks is everything wearing out, so it doesn't work right anymore.
[/quote]

I keep telling people it's not the years it's the mileage. My warranty expired decades ago.

Terry
[-] The following 3 users Like specops56's post:

Good Sunday morning! It's 60 at the moment but headed toward HOT at 89 and very humid. May God save our REPUBLIC! The Dems are always yelling about saving democracy, and it's damn well time we stand up and tell them to their faces that this is a REPUBLIC, not a democracy.
[-] The following 1 user Likes olfart's post:

70 and overcast at my house. Back is still killing me but not quite as much as yesterday.

Terry
[-] The following 2 users Like specops56's post:

Good Morning AlphaRomeo!
63° and gray here, only going up to 73° after the rain last night. We didn't get a lot of rain, but I'm still glad I got my mowing done yesterday.
Will see what the podiatrist says in the morning, not looking forward to it as it’s a different doc & I’m not willing to go to Gatlinburg with a huge dressing with only 1pair of sweatpants that fit over the bandage

Not saying I’ll remove the docs dressing…however, not saying it will be on when we leave in a couple days……

I’m really struggling trying to be positive here the wound will be healed
[-] The following 2 users Like Rampy's post:

(06-02-2024, 06:28 PM)Rampy Wrote: Will see what the podiatrist says in the morning, not looking forward to it as it’s a different doc & I’m not willing to go to Gatlinburg with a huge dressing with only 1pair of sweatpants that fit over the bandage

Not saying I’ll remove the docs dressing…however, not saying it will be on when we leave in a couple days……

I’m  really struggling trying to be positive here the wound will be healed

[Image: lEz8Ygq.jpg]
Terry
[-] The following 3 users Like specops56's post:

Good morning! 63 here with a predicted high of 88 and a 60% chance of rain. We got 1" out of yesterday's 20% chance, so we probably won't get any today.
[-] The following 1 user Likes olfart's post: