new prayer request

17 Replies, 5594 Views

(09-19-2023, 07:40 PM)srjdsmith Wrote: Dad died of a massive stroke. The same night. We didn’t have to deal with long-term infirmity, but the suddenness was shocking. It still hits me at unpredictable times- sitting in the woods thinking, “Dad would have loved this spot” or sometimes when I pick up an old tool that his hands had held so many times… it’s hard to see a deer or avoid cutting yourself with a sharp tool when your eyes get misty. Overwhelming is a good word for it.
Thanks sir. It's nice to hear that I'm not alone in this when it comes to an overwhelming feeling.
[-] The following 2 users Like tommag's post:

I haven't gone fishing since my Daddy died. I only ever went fishing with him. It was special.

Terry
[-] The following 3 users Like specops56's post:

Well my friend was flown to Iowa City neuro unit and has slowly deteriorated, they are giving him 3 days to show an improvement & then will be placing him on comfort care 

We were planning on a quick trip home and was planning a gear together but cancelled the trip….ugh 

Waiting to hear when my uncles funeral will be as that’s another trip home to iowa he was 1st battalion 7th Marines in Korea went to Chosen and back, was Chesty Puller’s RTO & was awarded the Purple Heart 

Sigh……..
I'm very sorry to hear that brother. I wish there was something I could say to ease you pain.

Terry
(09-27-2023, 06:35 AM)Rampy Wrote: Well my friend was flown to Iowa City neuro unit and has slowly deteriorated, they are giving him 3 days to show an improvement & then will be placing him on comfort care 

We were planning on a quick trip home and was planning a gear together but cancelled the trip….ugh 

Waiting to hear when my uncles funeral will be as that’s another trip home to iowa he was 1st battalion 7th Marines in Korea went to Chosen and back, was Chesty Puller’s RTO & was awarded the Purple Heart 

Sigh……..

I'm very sorry to hear that brother. I wish there was something I could say to ease your pain.

Terry
[-] The following 1 user Likes specops56's post:

(09-27-2023, 06:35 AM)Rampy Wrote: Well my friend was flown to Iowa City neuro unit and has slowly deteriorated, they are giving him 3 days to show an improvement & then will be placing him on comfort care 

Sigh……..
Not good! I hope he improves. I will include him in my prayers.
[-] The following 2 users Like tommag's post:

I’m sorry to hear that Rampy. Keep well and take care of yourself in this time of struggle.
[-] The following 1 user Likes srjdsmith's post:

Thanks

I’m trying to talk the wife into retiring at the end of this school year but for every year she retires early she is penalized 5% by the school district

That adds up but I’m 5 years older than her & if she retires we get that time together.

Who knows how much time we have left & why spend it working when you can spend it with loved ones

My perspective has changed after spending 5+ months in hospitals recovering from my stroke & missing out on a couple major life events