where is everyone?

7 Replies, 93 Views

Not much to report around here. Just got back from Gulf Shores last week. Man I wish I could move there but no way could I afford it, unless I went to work with my son at Koch doing turnarounds. Which would present it's own problems of course. Slowing down a lot at work. Defol on cotton is almost wrapped up. All that's left is cover crop and winter layby if they do it. I've been pretending to know about computer network installation. The store is adding a kitchen and lounge for the farmers, and a board room specifically for meetings. In the temporary office move we had to get phones up and didn't have time to wait so I volunteered to get them moved to the temp offices. Off to the punchdown blocks I went and got them going. Two days later they quit working and I thought something messed up. Turns out AT&T decided to activate the VoIP phones that we had been waiting on them to do for three weeks which killed the analog phones we had. That demonstration of wiring ability got me a new job of putting cat 5 cables in the new office space addition.... Yet as usual, volunTOLD to do high pay work, but no bump to say "thank you for saving us money that we would have spent getting a real networking pro in"... Ugh... Oh well....
[-] The following 2 users Like smb5769's post:

Messages In This Thread
where is everyone? - by tommag - 10-01-2024, 05:51 PM
RE: where is everyone? - by specops56 - 10-01-2024, 05:56 PM
RE: where is everyone? - by tommag - 10-01-2024, 07:29 PM
RE: where is everyone? - by olfart - 10-01-2024, 07:38 PM
RE: where is everyone? - by tommag - 10-01-2024, 07:55 PM
RE: where is everyone? - by smb5769 - 4 hours ago
RE: where is everyone? - by srjdsmith - 51 minutes ago