where is everyone?

6 Replies, 86 Views

I realize we're a small site, but no posts in a day and a half?
[-] The following 1 user Likes tommag's post:

I just posted an update on Houdini. Been kinda busy dealing with all that. I still came by and checked out the new posts. My posting frequency will get back to normal soon. You have been warned!

Terry
[-] The following 2 users Like specops56's post:

Yeah, Terry, I figured you were overwhelmed.

I finally turned on the water to my water line extension, and it works! 220' of PVC pipe, 5 faucets. Now if only I could get the goats to leave them alone. Pushing the above ground pipes for all they're worth.
[-] The following 1 user Likes olfart's post:

(10-01-2024, 07:38 PM)olfart Wrote: I finally turned on the water to my water line extension, and it works! 220' of PVC pipe, 5 faucets. Now if only I could get the goats to leave them alone. Pushing the above ground pipes for all they're worth.
Goats are fun with their own personalities, but they'll screw stuff up for sure.

Not much to report around here. Just got back from Gulf Shores last week. Man I wish I could move there but no way could I afford it, unless I went to work with my son at Koch doing turnarounds. Which would present it's own problems of course. Slowing down a lot at work. Defol on cotton is almost wrapped up. All that's left is cover crop and winter layby if they do it. I've been pretending to know about computer network installation. The store is adding a kitchen and lounge for the farmers, and a board room specifically for meetings. In the temporary office move we had to get phones up and didn't have time to wait so I volunteered to get them moved to the temp offices. Off to the punchdown blocks I went and got them going. Two days later they quit working and I thought something messed up. Turns out AT&T decided to activate the VoIP phones that we had been waiting on them to do for three weeks which killed the analog phones we had. That demonstration of wiring ability got me a new job of putting cat 5 cables in the new office space addition.... Yet as usual, volunTOLD to do high pay work, but no bump to say "thank you for saving us money that we would have spent getting a real networking pro in"... Ugh... Oh well....
[-] The following 2 users Like smb5769's post:

(sigh) Too many irons in the fire. I run so busy.

We had my granddaughter most of the week in the evening. My son and daughter-in-law have the same employer and they had retreat and meetings all week. We were supposed to have her one evening and the kept calling and asking for babysitting for one more day. It’ll be a cold day in hell before I’ll turn down an evening with my girl, so we said yes… but there’s a reason God gave young children to young parents, you know?

Anyway, that’s where I’ve been. And I haven’t posted on Bladetalk in a month!