Eggs in Purgatory (Italian Version)

5 Replies, 773 Views

Been on a Italian kick lately so tonight I made a simple but extremely flavorful tomato/egg dish that really surprised me how good my version turned out 

Key ingredients, Frankie’s 457 EVOO, San Marzano tomatoes, Parmigiano Reggieno  & Pecorino Romano 

Was sooooooo gooooood 

[Image: IMG-8195.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 01-26-2024, 10:59 PM by Rampy.)
[-] The following 3 users Like Rampy's post:

(01-26-2024, 10:59 PM)Rampy Wrote: Been on a Italian kick lately so tonight I made a simple but extremely flavorful tomato/egg dish that really surprised me how good my version turned out 

Key ingredients, Frankie’s 457 EVOO, San Marzano tomatoes, Parmigiano Reggieno  & Pecorino Romano 

Was sooooooo gooooood 

Dang that looks good!  I'm a big fan of huevos rancheros so I can appreciate the tomato sauce and egg pairing.  I looked up a couple recipes and found 6 eggs for 4 servings. RIGHT,  like I'm going to cut eggs in half😆.
I'm thinking this would go well with a little rice.
(This post was last modified: 01-27-2024, 11:49 AM by tommag.)
[-] The following 2 users Like tommag's post:

I’m trying to stay low carb so no rice or bread. However rice would be excellent with it & I only had 2 eggs while the wife had 2 eggs and crispy bread (French baguette) drizzled with Frankie’s & rubbed with garlic and toasted in the oven

The tomatoes are key, they have a lower acidity and sweater flavor
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rampy's post:

This looks delicious, need to make it one of these days

I prefer my eggs with grits.

Terry
(01-27-2024, 09:19 AM)tommag Wrote:
(01-26-2024, 10:59 PM)Rampy Wrote: Been on a Italian kick lately so tonight I made a simple but extremely flavorful tomato/egg dish that really surprised me how good my version turned out 

Was sooooooo gooooood 

Dang that looks good!  I'm a big fan of huevos rancheros so I can appreciate the tomato sauce and egg pairing.  I looked up a couple recipes and found 6 eggs for 4 servings. RIGHT,  like I'm going to cut eggs in half😆.
I'm thinking this would go well with a little rice.

I was thinking some rice and good refried black beans would go well with this, and more cheese.

And a stack of tortillas to sop up the sauce with.
[-] The following 3 users Like hkriflenut_aka_sasquatch's post: