Umm… can we talk?

12 Replies, 8735 Views

(10-16-2023, 06:45 AM)srjdsmith Wrote:
(10-16-2023, 04:38 AM)Rampy Wrote: Citizen defense research is out of Iowa it seems. I know Melody Lauer (exceptional instructor) lives in iowa and teaches in iowa but they do lots of traveling/training

Mindset is huge, it not easy to take a human life & the ramifications will change you

Medical is more important than firearms. I have a brother from another mother who is now retired from Las Vegas Metro and he ran out of med gear at the concert shooting while never firing a single shot

https://citizensdefenseresearch.com/

Thank you! I’ll refer him, but I’ll look into this myself, too.

Wish I remember who/where but I’m blaming it on old age 🤣🤣

It seems Johnson county (north of Des Moines) has a good range/training but here again I forget & have lost touch with the friend who was West Des Moines PD/SWAT and the other friend who was Ankeny PD has retired and moved away
Old pheasant hunter…I grew up hearing Dad and uncles shout “Muzzle up! Muzzle up!” So I go through a paradigm shift every time I attend a training. Low ready feels natural with a handgun, but I have to work at it with a long gun.

And then I switch back again because I don’t want to look like I’m after terrorist quail in the middle of a milo field.

One of the first training sessions I attended the guy said something that stuck with me- low ready allows you to shoulder your weapon without crossing your line of sight, you bring the sight plane up to where you’re looking without breaking contact. Dad taught to point a shotgun, don’t aim but he also taught to close left eye when using sights and that’s a hard habit to break…
(This post was last modified: 10-16-2023, 11:26 AM by srjdsmith.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes srjdsmith's post:

This just popped up in one of my feeds, not the one I was thinking about as this is the one outside of Des Moines

They posted this 6 Oct

Langdon Tactical and Beretta are here today! 10-6pm come try out the latest and greatest products these companies have to offer! Ernest and Aimee are both here on site today!

https://crossroadsshooting.com/?mibextid=Zxz2cZ
[-] The following 2 users Like Rampy's post: