good morning!

229 Replies, 6491 Views

(04-06-2024, 07:28 AM)specops56 Wrote: 39 here and I'm heading to the Hamfest in another hour!

Terry

That’s like ice cold for you…..brrrrrrrrr

34 out with 80% chance of freezing mix rain/snow and the winds are already at 50+ mph & shaking the house 

wife is sick, who knows with what anymore, no fever but nasty cough and freezing & she is pounding hot ginger/lemon tea with a little slug of rum & large spoon of natural/raw/organic local honey & it’s helping her cough 

making a large pot of chicken noodle soup & turning up the heat, going to be a looooong weekend 🥶🥶🥶🥶🥶
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rampy's post:

Just got back. Lots of boat anchors and nice older Kenwood and Yaesu transceivers but nothing I was looking for. Got another one to go to on the 27th. It's closer and supposed to be a lot bigger.

Terry
[-] The following 2 users Like specops56's post:

(04-06-2024, 09:04 AM)srjdsmith Wrote:
(04-06-2024, 07:28 AM)specops56 Wrote: 39 here and I'm heading to the Hamfest in another hour!

Terry

[Image: IMG-4871.gif]
Everybody’s a HAM but me…

Take the test. If I can pass it anyone can!

Terry
[-] The following 1 user Likes specops56's post:

(04-06-2024, 01:14 PM)Rampy Wrote:

Terry

That’s like ice cold for you…..brrrrrrrrr

34 out with 80% chance of freezing mix rain/snow and the winds are already at 50+ mph & shaking the house 

wife is sick, who knows with what anymore, no fever but nasty cough and freezing & she is pounding hot ginger/lemon tea with a little slug of rum & large spoon of natural/raw/organic local honey & it’s helping her cough 

making a large pot of chicken noodle soup & turning up the heat, going to be a looooong weekend 🥶🥶🥶🥶🥶

It's 66 and clear, sunny skies now. Standard SC spring weather. Tell your wife I hope she feels better soon!

Terry
[-] The following 1 user Likes specops56's post:

Terry

[-] The following 1 user Likes tommag's post:

(04-06-2024, 01:20 PM)specops56 Wrote:

Terry

Terry

I need at least a LITTLE theory. I can’t rote memorize 100 answers. I need to spend at least some time on theory so that I can guess the answers I don’t know.

(I also have two builds that need to be shot. No, three. I also have a CCW with new night sights that I can’t carry until I’ve shot it. I also need to finish 6 recertification credits to renew my teaching license. I also haven’t stood at my lathe and turned anything for months. I also have MOUNDS of brush to clear in my yard. …a bedroom to paint. …a door to install. …a boat to find under a pile of winter storage & neglect. …a stack of research papers to grade. …120 unit tests to grade … … …) …and my son wants to go trout fishing.

So, you see. I really need another hobby so badly. And I don’t want to take the test until I stand at least a slight chance of passing it.
(04-06-2024, 02:57 PM)srjdsmith Wrote:
(04-06-2024, 01:20 PM)specops56 Wrote:

Terry

Terry

I need at least a LITTLE theory. I can’t rote memorize 100 answers. I need to spend at least some time on theory so that I can guess the answers I don’t know.

(I also have two builds that need to be shot. No, three. I also have a CCW with new night sights that I can’t carry until I’ve shot it. I also need to finish 6 recertification credits to renew my teaching license. I also haven’t stood at my lathe and turned anything for months. I also have MOUNDS of brush to clear in my yard. …a bedroom to paint. …a door to install. …a boat to find under a pile of winter storage & neglect. …a stack of research papers to grade. …120 unit tests to grade … … …) …and my son wants to go trout fishing.

So, you see. I really need another hobby so badly. And I don’t want to take the test until I stand at least a slight chance of passing it.

Who said you have to understand theory to pass the test? Rote memory of 100 questions? Nope. Just read the questions and answers (available online) twice, and you'll recognize enough of them to pass the test.

When I took my General test I did so well on it they pushed me to take the Advanced (no longer available), and I only missed it by 2. No, I never got around to going back for my Extra. General is plenty for me.
[-] The following 4 users Like olfart's post:

90mph is the top wind speed so far & they extended it thru tomorrow sometime

Winds are steady at 50mph gusts to mid 70’s and temp is 31 with light snow flurries

Need to figure out how/where to put a pellet stove in the house, would be a nice extra source of heat
[-] The following 2 users Like Rampy's post:

Local weather guy said 114mph is the highest gust so far…..

Pellet grill blew over & gas grill was blowing across the deck, almost blew my dumb ass over struggling to straighten it up & brace them against each other

Never had that happen before

Lots of power outages & downed trees from what I gather, at least we have power so I’m happy

Ps………going outside only in slippers when it’s 32* with a pistol/flashlight while the dog stayed inside is not one of my smarter moves 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🥶🥶🥶🥶🥶🥶🥶