good morning!

680 Replies, 38942 Views

66 and soaking wet at my house. Thunder, lightning and heavy rain all night last night. The rain only stopped about an hour ago. At least it's keeping my Silverado clean and shiny!

Terry
[-] The following 2 users Like specops56's post:

Good morning! It's a delightful 58 here this morning, expecting a high of 81. Where was this cooler, drier wx yesterday when I needed it? I've been deemed fit to go armed among society again. The rangemaster even complimented me on my target. Said he might be able to use it again.
[-] The following 2 users Like olfart's post:

70 And overcast at my house. It rained off and on most of the day yesterday. My plants From Burpee arrived yesterday. Gotta get working on the container garden this weekend. Oh my soon to be aching back!

Terry
[-] The following 3 users Like specops56's post:

Good Morning AlphaRomeo15!
52°F and mostly sunny, heading toward 60°F today. A bit on the cool side, but probably about perfect for what I have planned. I've got to take a chainsaw to the cedars in front of my house, as they have overgrown to the point that you can't see my front door anymore. 🙄

Hoping to see the northern lights tonight. Sunspot AR3664 has hurled an astonishing five CMEs toward Earth, so there's a good chance of seeing auroras at mid- to low latitudes across Europe and the USA.
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2024, 01:49 PM by Longhair.)
[-] The following 3 users Like Longhair's post:

(05-10-2024, 09:45 AM)Longhair Wrote: Good Morning AlphaRomeo15!
52°F and mostly sunny, heading toward 60°F today. A bit on the cool side, but probably about perfect for what I have planned. I've got to take a chainsaw to the cedars in front of my house, as they have overgrown to the point that you can't see my front door anymore. 🙄

Hoping to see the northern lights tonight. Sunspot AR3664 has hurled an astonishing five CMEs toward Earth, so there's a good chance of seeing auroras at mid- to low latitudes across Europe and the USA.
You could sure see when the first cme hit.  Hf radio went from good to nothing!
[-] The following 2 users Like tommag's post:

(05-09-2024, 08:08 AM)olfart Wrote: Good morning! 63 this morning on its way to another muggy, miserable 87. And I get the honor of standing in that heat at the range to do my LEOSA qualification this afternoon. Maybe we'll get that 30% chance of rain and cool things off.

Just got the notification when the local PD is doing the yearly LEOSA and that’s when we will be in Tennessee. And they “might” do a makup day if enough people ask….

Sigh…….
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rampy's post:

54 here now with a possible high of 69 this weekend & rain……

Doggy lost way to much weight at the kennel while we were gone so I got fresh food from the farmers dog and he loves it

However, he is also having hip problems, was put on gabapentin and another pain med today & might need a CT scan…..

He’s10 years old & hates going up stairs & limps some now, hopefully the meds help

Poor puppy
[-] The following 3 users Like Rampy's post:

Good night. I just went outside and saw a few minutes of the northern lights- right here in Iowa!
[-] The following 6 users Like srjdsmith's post:

(05-10-2024, 10:43 PM)srjdsmith Wrote: Good night. I just went outside and saw a few minutes of the northern lights- right here in Iowa!
They were seen in Alabama!
[-] The following 2 users Like tommag's post:

(05-11-2024, 02:37 AM)tommag Wrote:
(05-10-2024, 10:43 PM)srjdsmith Wrote: Good night. I just went outside and saw a few minutes of the northern lights- right here in Iowa!
They were seen in Alabama!

makes me feel bad for not hobbling outside to see if we could see em here

lots and lots of pictures on Facebook
[-] The following 2 users Like Rampy's post: