good morning!

680 Replies, 37723 Views

Good morning! Our air conditioner has been on since mid-May and will stay on until mid-September at least. Humidity is the killer here. It's 71 headed for 99 today. I'll be inside snapping beans today. I mowed the yard yesterday when it was only 98. Two hours of that temp on the riding mower is about all I care to handle.
[-] The following 1 user Likes olfart's post:

The ride from Clayton, NM to Farmington,NM was brutal..tomorrow Mexican Hat, Utah..
[-] The following 1 user Likes Snake46's post:

74 at my house. Nothing else going on right now. Wife went to her primary doctor appointment at the Dorn VA about an hour ago. She's having problems in both knees. It's just me and the cats for now.

Terry
[-] The following 1 user Likes specops56's post:

71 headed to 98 again today. Time to start canning beans. Bought a bushel of purplehull peas yesterday, so they'll be next up.
Good hot morning! 76 now, going to hit 98 later. It's a good day for staying inside canning beans and blackeyed peas.
Good morning. Headed back up on the roof today to help my son finish his house. We stripped shingles on Sunday. It’s been so hot we’ve not moving very fast- hopefully finish today.
81 At my house. Probably get up to 90 gazillion today.

Terry
A good friend and former hunting partner 20 years ago is flying in Saturday to pick up an airplane Saturday. I am excited to see him! We used to shoot iron sights off hand at a couple hundred yards. He's an excellent shot!
I doubt I could do that today but he could create holes where a potato size rock used to be with boring regularity.
Once, he brought his .416 Remington over and I was amazed at how gentle the recoil was. The recoil was there but more of a push rather than a sharp slap. That was his main rifle when he lived in Alaska. I dang near bought one because of that experience until I came to my senses. It's hard to imagine I used to shoot well with iron sights.
(This post was last modified: 06-26-2024, 09:26 AM by tommag.)
[-] The following 3 users Like tommag's post:

Looks like our 20% turned into 100%! Lights are blinking and we may be in the dark shortly.

https://www.wunderground.com/wundermap
Yep. I barely finished typing that when the lights went out. Came back on 6 hours later.