new prayer request

17 Replies, 5591 Views

When I trains it pours. After losing
 Sylvia, ,jay Is in icu with a stroke. His son says it doesn't look good.
[-] The following 1 user Likes tommag's post:

More prayers inbound brother!

Terry
[-] The following 1 user Likes specops56's post:

Added to the prayer list.
[-] The following 1 user Likes olfart's post:

If not recovery, a peaceful passing to be with his wife..
[-] The following 2 users Like Snake46's post:

Prayers sent
"I had this theory. It was based loosely on the unremarkable observation that the old are always looking back with longing while the young, with the same longing, look ahead. One man remembers what the other imagines." Thomas Lynch, The Undertaking: Life Studies from a Dismal Trade
[-] The following 1 user Likes md65636's post:

When it rains, it pours

Friend from high school had a stroke & was flown to Cedar Rapids & is in ICU with uncontrollable seizures caused by the stroke

They are talking medical coma if they can’t get a handle on the seizures & he’s not understanding what’s all happening

He would be 60-61 did a tour in the marines & was a trucker and then dispatcher
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rampy's post:

(09-12-2023, 01:25 PM)Rampy Wrote: When it rains, it pours

Friend from high school had a stroke & was flown to Cedar Rapids & is in ICU with uncontrollable seizures caused by the stroke

They are talking medical coma if they can’t get a handle on the seizures & he’s not understanding what’s all happening

Prayers inbound for your friend!

Terry
[-] The following 4 users Like specops56's post:

(09-12-2023, 03:17 PM)specops56 Wrote:
(09-12-2023, 01:25 PM)Rampy Wrote: When it rains, it pours

Prayers inbound for your friend!

Terry

Im proof prayers work, my stroke could have been so much worse & I recovered faster and to a point I’m independent today
[-] The following 5 users Like Rampy's post:

Saw him Sunday and again today. He's under the care of his bookkeeper and out of the hospital.  Turns out he's had at least 4 strokes prior to this one. He's resigned himself to the inevitable end and tasked me with selling his equipment and business. 
He and Sylvia were my choices for power of attorney on my will, looks like that has been reversed. I've got that covered with a few other friends I trust. It feels strange seeing vigorous friends being suddenly reduced like this. I'm sure many of you have been through this, but it's new to me. It's an overwhelming feeling of sadness.
Dad died of a massive stroke. The same night. We didn’t have to deal with long-term infirmity, but the suddenness was shocking. It still hits me at unpredictable times- sitting in the woods thinking, “Dad would have loved this spot” or sometimes when I pick up an old tool that his hands had held so many times… it’s hard to see a deer or avoid cutting yourself with a sharp tool when your eyes get misty. Overwhelming is a good word for it.
(This post was last modified: 09-19-2023, 07:42 PM by srjdsmith.)
[-] The following 3 users Like srjdsmith's post: